Archinect
anchor

reapply

Aria_

If you are reapplying after being rejected the previous year, do schools compare your new application documents (CV and portfolio) with your old ones?

Jan 13, 23 12:12 pm
kjpn

i doubt it

Jan 13, 23 12:57 pm  · 
1  · 
reallynotmyname

It's pretty unlikely.  Admissions committees are not really set up to do the "then and now" comparisons you envision.  It's common for re-applicants to reuse their transcripts and sometimes recommendations if they request it, but that's about it.

Jan 13, 23 1:20 pm  · 
1  · 
Kinsbergen

Are you thinking about lying on your CV and transcript? Sure, go ahead and do it, it works. That's how Archlandia got into UPenn with a 2.48 GPA.

Jan 13, 23 9:34 pm  · 
 · 
Aria_

Yes and no. I did not tell the school I had a master degree and hid a big part of my background in my CV and portfolio. But this year I wanna apply at full throttle.

Jan 14, 23 7:08 am  · 
 · 
Kinsbergen

In this case you have committed fraud by misrepresentation and if you reapply you will surely be found out. Schools are very strict with this kind of business because they are responsible for safeguarding access to the architect's profession.

Jan 14, 23 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
Aria_

You are right I have committed fraud but apparently schools don't keep rejected records. It needs money and is considered useless.

Jan 15, 23 11:52 am  · 
 · 
Kinsbergen

In this case you have publicly admitted your guilt in committing fraud and this post can serve as evidence against you in the court of law.

In accordance with 33 U.S. Code § 931:

(a) Felony; fine; imprisonment
(1) Any claimant or representative of a claimant who knowingly and willfully makes a false statement or representation for the purpose of obtaining a benefit or payment under this chapter shall  be guilty of a felony, and on conviction thereof shall be punished by a fine not to exceed $10,000, by imprisonment not to exceed five years, or by both.

Jan 16, 23 3:28 am  · 
 · 

It looks like Non-ASD is the new Balkins.

Jan 16, 23 12:26 pm  · 
2  · 
Kinsbergen

Uncouth Chad, are you commenting because you also lied in your school application?

Jan 17, 23 1:36 am  · 
 · 

Nope. Nice tryeth dram troll. 

Thy wanteth of legal knowledge is only did surpass by thy severely lacking architectural arts. Keepeth trying dram troll. 

One day thee'll receiveth thither.   

Jan 17, 23 1:40 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: