Archinect
anchor

JP Morgan Chase Tower (Park Avenue), hot or not

ham1

JP Morgan Chase unveils its new Park Avenue headquarters tower (nypost.com)

Snapshots just dropped the other day, curious how people feel about NYC's newest shiny toy. I initially liked the "100% renewable powered" skyscraper tag but they just buy their power from a nearby dam and have pretty standard water-efficient faucets. Generally not a fan, but I also wasn't a fan of salesforce tower in SF and that's started to grow on me.

Dec 1, 22 6:02 pm
archanonymous

Meh.

Dec 1, 22 6:13 pm  · 
1  · 
sameolddoctor

meh meh

Dec 1, 22 9:22 pm  · 
1  · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

meh, meh, meh...

Dec 1, 22 9:29 pm  · 
1  · 
sameolddoctor

I may have said this before but it looks like theyre pointing the middle finger to us peasants (at least the top portion is)

Dec 1, 22 10:59 pm  · 
1  · 
RJ87

I almost... like it more now that you said that. Something to be said about a transparent relationship.

Dec 2, 22 10:08 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

They tore down an icon designed by a female architect in the 1960s for this?

Dec 2, 22 6:45 am  · 
 · 
monosierra

It looks absolutely massive in the flesh. Rather bulky from the renders. Dimon wanted it thick I guess.

Another financial behemoth HQ I'm curious in is the upcoming Citadel tower in Brickell, Miami where Ken Griffin has purchased the last waterfront parcel to construct his hedge fund's tower.

Dec 2, 22 8:28 am  · 
 · 
pandahut

Yeh there was an insane RFP for this a few months back. Should be concluded now with a chosen team. Interested to see who won.

Dec 2, 22 1:27 pm  · 
1  · 
monosierra

Chicago's Sterling Bay was selected as the developer. But no word of their design partner yet I think - surely it can't be one of the middling Chicago acronym firms like HPA, SCB, bKL etc. Maybe Goettsch? But they're second tier too. Jahn is passe as well ... I suppose that leaves SOM Chicago (But SOM NYC runs the roost now), Studio Gang, and maybe ASGG if they pick a Chicago-based partner.

Griffin seems to prefer conservative designs. If he's happy with Citadel's digs at Park Ave or his home next to Central Park, maybe Foster or Stern will get a call.

Dec 9, 22 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Sterling Bay currently works with Gensler on almost all their stuff. So I wouldn't be surprised if it is them.

Dec 10, 22 6:54 am  · 
 · 
t a z

This is very strange trolling to post an image not related to the linked 8 month old design press release

Dec 2, 22 10:15 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Ya I dont think the render above is actually relevant anymore ... maybe the general overall massing hasn't changed too much, but the actual aesthetics are totally different now.

Dec 2, 22 10:18 am  · 
 · 
t a z

check it - the floor count is already up to the mid-20's:

230 Park (earthcam.net)

Dec 2, 22 10:21 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

What's really being built is much uglier than the older rendering the OP posted here.

Dec 2, 22 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
ill_will

"yeah my son made it in minecraft"

Dec 6, 22 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
cloudforest888

after years and years of Evolo competitions, and this is the best Foster can do?  

Dec 6, 22 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

I really hate this design

Dec 8, 22 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

It looks like a discarded iteration from an SOM intern. Garbage.

Dec 9, 22 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

awful

Dec 8, 22 6:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: