Archinect
anchor

Do I need to hire a pro to get the footing concrete level and smooth

jimrob

I'm building a small house out of compressed earth block (CEB). It will have a CMU stem wall on top of concrete footing. I've dug the trench to form the footing, and placed the rebar, including vertical rebar for the stem wall. I'll have the trucks deliver about 18 yards of concrete for it.

My question is this: if I get a couple of buddies to help, is it likely we can do a good enough job smoothing and leveling the top of the footing? Or do I need to hire a pro for this?

Nov 7, 22 3:17 pm
Non Sequitur

"Or do I need to hire a pro for this?"

... and asks for free professional advice from internet randos for their weird earth hut hippy project in some random unknown location.

Sure bud, no issues.  Just slap together what-ever you have on hand and call it a day after 4 beers.  

Nov 7, 22 3:40 pm  · 
1  · 
tduds

You get what you pay for.

Nov 7, 22 4:05 pm  · 
1  · 
Wilma Buttfit

You can do it yourself. Doesn’t need to be super smooth, no. 

Nov 8, 22 8:41 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

And if you drink beer while doing it, I recommend lighter beer. Session ale is named that because this is what it is designed for, work sessions where you can’t consume too much %.

Nov 8, 22 8:43 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: