Archinect
anchor

Folio Review / Job Application advice

bluegirl

Hi everyone! 

I'm hoping some of you would be kind enough to take a look through my portfolio and give me some honest, constructive feedback - where it's strong, where it's lacking, and if there is anything I can improve upon. 

Just a little info about me: I'm based in Australia and I've recently finished my Masters and I'm currently looking for work. Unfortunately I haven't had too much luck in my job hunt so far, so I was wondering if  my folio had something to do with it. I'm mostly interested in firms that specialize in residential and interiors;  unfortunately I wasn't able to explore this during my studies, therefore I'm concerned about the lack of it in my portfolio. 

Furthermore most firms only want folios that are 10mb in size. Would you recommend I reduce the number of pages in my current folio? If that's the case, which projects of mine do you think are the strongest that I should keep in my folio? How many pages would you recommend for a work folio? 

If anyone could provide any feedback in regards to my folio and any  career advice and tips, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Link to Digital Folio: https://issuu.com/ellalhuang/d...

Oct 17, 22 12:46 pm
natematt

It’s not bad, but prior to even reading what you had to say I looked at your portfolio and my impression was that it could use some editing down. To be honest, at a glance I would have said take out full circle and the retreat… but I realized after looking a little bit more those were 2/3ds of your individual work… so maybe not…

I’d say try to stick to 5 projects, and make sure you’re not crowding too much info for each of the projects onto a page or into the portfolio.

I’d also suggest trying to re-render a few of the projects, I think it’s a weak point of the work. The linework and 2d stuff mostly looks nice.

The text in the sky for play factory is unreadable … it bothers me. If you really want to include your photography, don’t call it other works.

Personally, I’d leave it out, since I don’t think it says much about you as a designer. 

Oct 17, 22 6:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: