What is the name of this type of vent?


Hi Architect forum,

I am looking for help identifying the architectural term for this type of hinged vent so I can research details for it.

Typically they are located next to a large fixed window and are opaque. 

Here is an example from a nice project, Cabane de Moiry

Sep 22, 22 10:53 am

Not sure that has a name specifically

Sometimes called a trickle vent when related to a natural ventilation strategy…either manual or damper actuated

Where is that? Looks like a refugio?

Sep 22, 22 11:20 am  · 

opaque casement window? 

Sep 22, 22 12:25 pm  · 
1  · 

Just opaque casement.

Sep 22, 22 5:53 pm  · 
1  · 

Yes eliminate my oxymoron

Sep 22, 22 6:12 pm  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

  • ×Search in: