Archinect
anchor

Cost Saving Build Exposed Ceiling v Stacked Plumbing

AshAnnaMae777

I am designing a Habitat for Humanity Home in Northern Colorado. I want to give this one story home an exposed ceiling - at least in the living room area - it is an open floor plan. This is the ceiling I'm looking at...(closed spray foam). 

Is the cost significant in building it? 

Is the main concern heating and cooling costs over the long term? 

Should I consider stacking plumbing to offset some of the higher building costs? 

Sep 3, 22 1:30 pm
Non Sequitur

why do you have stacked plumbing in a one story building? Also, why the fuck are you considering leaving spray foam exposed? I recommend they hire someone more competent. 

Sep 3, 22 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I'm sure there are qualified people local to you who both know these answers (and why it's a ridiculous question in the first place) who would be happy to volunteer some time to design these homes with the HFH group. 

You are in wayyyyyyyy over your head if you don't recognize the ignorance of your questions. That's not a personal attack - if you knew what you were doing, you wouldn't be asking strangers for free advice on the internet.

Sep 3, 22 3:34 pm  · 
2  · 
AshAnnaMae777

whoa. It's a school project. All the students are submitting their designs and Habitat looks at them for new site ideas and will occasionally use a site design with some adjustments. The department includes the superintendent of the local Habitat chapter.

There is a finished basement. And this isn't Reddit or Quora.

Architects seem incredibly full of themselves. Not a personal attack either. lol 

Sep 3, 22 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
AshAnnaMae777

I was just asking which is more costly. How embarrassing. I will likely look back on this when I'm the abusive professional, continuing the toxic culture of Architecture and be so ashamed. Thanks for putting me in my place. 

Carry on. 

Sep 3, 22 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Try harder before asking silly questions.

Sep 4, 22 9:46 am  · 
1  · 
bowling_ball

Here's the thing - we don't owe you anything. You weren't forthcoming with this being a student project. The quality of advice you get, asking strangers, will correlate directly with how much you're paying them. I don't work for free, and if you ever have financial responsibilities, someday you'll understand that too.

Sep 4, 22 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=...

Sep 4, 22 10:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: