Archinect
anchor

I regret switching from architecture beacuse of stupid reason

Dann

i know that this place is not the best place to write about this topic, but i need a place where i write what is inside my chest.

2 years ago I started studying architecture in a new country, it was online so for 1 year i didnt know ky classmates and beacuse of the overload homeworks i didnt had time to know other people outside, so this year was the worst year in my life, beacuse i have no friends and because i found out that i dont like architecture, i hated every second of it, i was depressed and stressed all the time in this year, asking my self why did i choose this major without knowing anything about it.

So i changed to political science, i love this major and in the last year i felt happy in every second of every class, so i think that i did the best choice that i changed the major, but what i didnt mention that i changed the whole university beacuse my old university doesnt offer political science.

I had only one friend from my previos university so he invited me to come and see the faculty beacuse when i studied there it was online so i didnt come to campus, i loved the university and started to come alot, 3 times a week, i had alot of friends there who was my classmates, and i noticed 2 things.

1- I hate everything they are working on in architecture, everything from sketching to modelling to autocad and 3d max and even the long hours they spent

2- i loved my old university and loved my old classmates more than my new classmates, even my girlfriend is my architecture classmate.

So everytime i go there i feel regret that i changed the major and the university, even so that i know that i hate architecture, but i love the people there  so im in a really stupid delimma, i know this reason is stupid beacuse after 4 years i will not see those classmates again so they are not real friends, but even with that litrecy i feel regret

How can i go beyond this delimma?

Jul 20, 22 11:52 pm
Non Sequitur

does not sound like a dilemma to me and looks like you already know the answer. Shit is complicated buts it’s only one year. Don’t waste time with what could be and just do what makes you happy and challenged. Don’t get bogged down by needless regret  

Jul 21, 22 12:36 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

You can still do Political Science and keep your architecture friends and girlfriend. We are a pretty social bunch. Dont choose your career based on a perceived lifestyle

Jul 21, 22 1:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: