Archinect
anchor

Architect and Material Scientist

ΑθανασίαΧρυσανθοπούλου

Hello everyone.

I have studied Material Science, and I have obtained a Master Degree at Material Science and Engineering. Now I am an undergraduate student at Architecture and I am looking for a phd degree but I have no idea for Universities at Europe. My plan is to combine these to scientific fields Architecture and Material Science through nanomaterials.  

Any ideas?

Thank you . 

Jul 12, 22 12:12 am
bowling_ball

You do not need any architectural education for what you're planning. Like, at all. Don't waste your time if you're not planning to get your license and/or practice, unless you really enjoy the university experience and don't have to take out loans to do it.

Jul 12, 22 12:19 am  · 
1  · 
ΑθανασίαΧρυσανθοπούλου

I don't reject a job of course because I love architecture. The problem is that I live in Greece and here salaries are very low even for your living. So I am looking for opportunities at other countries.

Jul 12, 22 2:06 am  · 
 · 
esharles

ETH Zurich and EPFL are doing really interesting work in terms of new construction materials and technologies (check out the work of Achim Menges and Gramazio Kohler for a glimpse).

Jul 12, 22 2:02 am  · 
2  · 
robhaw

The university I am attending in the Netherlands, TU Eindhoven has a very good Building Physics group, with a Chair of Building Materials. The school is interdisciplinary (Architecture, Structural Design, Building Physics) so there is opportunity for applied research in different domains of the built environment. I would advise you to look it up, although I cannot advise on how many funded PhD as we are a rather small faculty. I would also suggest into looking at faculties offering degrees in building technology (German TUs, TU Delft, DTU, Aalto) as that's where it's most likely to find funded research positions in the overlap of material science and architectural application. Consider also partner universities of the European Facade Network.Good luck!

Jul 12, 22 8:07 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: