Archinect
anchor

Massive Rock Hard Concrete Boners

x-jla

Concrete has a high carbon footprint, poor lifespan, and most humanoids dislike it instinctively, yet architects have a serious fetish for it.  Is the concrete fetish ever coming to an end? 

Jun 18, 22 11:04 pm
rcz1001

While I agree with carbon footprint regarding conventional concrete but I am not quite as agreeing with regards to 'life span' because it really depends on the concrete mix and it's a big variable. I am not against concrete or entirely for it as some fetish. The material has its pros and cons. I prefer natural stone masonry like basalt/granite. As those materials can last a very long time. However, I also like to use renewable materials like wood. However, for some structural stuff, I may still use concrete due to code requirements/seismic and such. I do consider other options but it all depends on the entire budgeting and availability.

Jun 18, 22 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

As opposed to, what, all that hard wood?  Or rigid steel members?

Until oatmeal, tapioca, or terry cloth is finally approved for widespread structural use, I think we're stuck with the big three.

Jun 20, 22 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Doesn’t seem like a “love the one you’re with” kinda thing, more like a serious fetish.

Jun 21, 22 1:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: