It's back

HobbyArchitect

(link removed)

Jun 10, 22 10:38 am

Seek attention elsewhere. 

Jun 10, 22 10:45 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Imagine someone hires this layman designer person for a custom house only to be offered teeny-tiny bedrooms with almost zero use other than storing a single mattress. That would be a fun afternoon

Vintersol_2D_floor_plan.jpg

Jun 10, 22 10:59 am  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

I really hope this is somewhat related to NFTs now.  

Jun 10, 22 10:57 am  · 
1  · 

I'm not clicking on the link. I assume Hobby has just plagiarized another persons work again and is attempting to pass it off as her own.

Jun 10, 22 11:04 am  · 
2  · 
Almosthip

defiantly stolen from somewhere

Jun 10, 22 11:06 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

She did, but at least she links to the source of her "inspiration". Funny how copy-pasting CAD blocks can make someone think they can design spaces.

Jun 10, 22 11:09 am  · 
 · 
HobbyArchitect

The plot.

https://www.google.com/maps/pl...

Jun 10, 22 11:44 am  · 
 · 

You just copied and pasted someone else's design into a map. You didn't even take into account the site and it's context.  Regardless of who you are or your experience in design that's a big fail in my option

Jun 10, 22 11:55 am  · 
 · 
HobbyArchitect

I's my design. I just copied the exterior material and color of another house. 

But as I have said before I take it as a compliment that you think I copied from someone else since I have no architectural education at all.

Jun 10, 22 12:05 pm  · 
 · 

I didn't say it was a good design. Quite the opposite in fact. 

You copied more than color and exterior material. You also copied the form, mass, and footprint. It appears you just cut and pasted floor plan layouts from other peoples designs in the the footprint.

On a side note: just because someone is an architect doesn't mean their work is good.

Jun 10, 22 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
proto

[deleted & ashamed to have posted at all. Point to the troll...I took the bait]

Jun 10, 22 12:33 pm  · 
1  · 
HobbyArchitect

(1:12 + 1:77 or just move down the house)

Jun 10, 22 11:54 am  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Wait you have no experience what I'm shocked. 

Jun 10, 22 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
HobbyArchitect

No I only copied colors and material. Of course there are bad architects, but since I have no education it is a comliment to even be seen as a BAD architect. :D 

I know everything I say is fake news for you guys, but I thought maybe there would be somone here who might have something new and interesting to say about this house.

Jun 10, 22 12:24 pm  · 
 · 

You're lying. You copied form, mass, and then shoved several layouts into the buildings footprint. 

That's immaterial though. I didn't say you're a bad designer / architect. I said your design is bad. 

Jun 10, 22 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip

New and interesting........Looks like your house is over the setbacks.

Jun 10, 22 12:40 pm  · 
 · 

We've given you constructive criticism on your previous 'copy and paste plagiarism' (CCP) many times before. You ignore it, revise the graphics on your CCP work and repost it. You keep getting the same comments because you're not learning anything and keep producing the same bad CCP.

Jun 10, 22 12:40 pm  · 
2  · 
Stasis

oh crap.. i clicked on the link.. Perhaps if the OP wants to learn how to build a house on a plot of land, he/she should first approach from the site evaluation.  Chad said it too.  OP needs to understand not to place a house on someone else's lot/property and observe set back lines, easements, view corridors, and other architectural standards enforced by HOA or land owner's associations.  Starting with those legal constraints, then there are physical factors like site elevation, road access, utility availability, access to water, etc.  Also, learn about the planning and building permit process in that specific town may help.  Then, real building design begins.  I think this was others on this thread was getting at too.  If you are going to design a house, then one must go through this rigorous exercise. if you want to have fun, then create a narrative for a hypothetical client - who he/she is, family size, particular spaces that the client needs, budget, and schedule.  For fun, do some business analysis and look for comps around that neighborhood in order to determine if building 7,768 SF is feasible.  In California where the labor and material cost is ever increasing, I am thinking $400-450/SF depends where the house is...  Just showing a house design by itself without much logics behind won't get any productive feedbacks.. 

Jun 10, 22 1:08 pm  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

This advice has been given and ignored many times. Hobby is a shit poster who hopes to find an ally or two but revels in the chaos they create.

Jun 10, 22 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
Stasis

shoot.. thanks Pete, I bet that happened too..

Jun 10, 22 1:11 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: