Archinect
anchor

Architectural Drawings

txlxbx

Does anyone have a list of architects who post their drawings/plans on their website? I know Alberto Campo Baeza does and Jean Nouvel used to include them, but most architects and firms do not. 

Jun 6, 22 1:49 pm
rcz1001

Controlled distribution of intellectual properties. It pertains to professional liability. Imagine you have your construction documents (with or without a stamp/seal on it), can easily be copies into Autocad as an image or PDF for the particular page... they can crop out what is not needed, scale in model space so it jives and then re-printed. Question for you, why do you need copies of their 'instruments of service'? Why do YOU need it. There is plenty of academic sources for plans that can teach you about how to prepare plans for the various stages of the project. 

If someone can simply take your plans and reproduce it and reuse it, you could inadvertently be liable to those unauthorized use of your plans and be sued. You might be able to defend yourself because it was done without authorization, it STILL will likely cost you because you may need to still pay for various filing fees in the legal costs and possibly the consulting your legal counsel costs as well. In addition, it is time you could have been spending that is billable work and earn money because not earning money is loss of potential revenue. 

TLDR?

Basically, it is a legal matter as well as something professional liability insurance may request or recommend as that would improve their insurance rates so it's a business decision as well.

Jun 6, 22 3:31 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks for your thorough reply. I am not talking about detailed, working drawings, just rough plans that show how the space is organized. Similar to what they include in Architectural Record or ArchDaily. Plenty of architects choose to include them on their websites and it is nice to study how they organize spaces. A bunch of pretty images doesn't tell the entire story. Rick Joy is another residential architect who includes plans on his website. They are not detailed enough for someone to use to build with or pass off as their own. I just thought someone may have more examples of this to use as precedent studies.

Jun 14, 22 10:58 am  · 
1  · 
monosierra

Morphosis posts black and white drawings. RPBW posts some of their trademark blue ones too. All closer to diagrammatic than working drawings.

Jun 6, 22 4:18 pm  · 
2  · 
txlxbx

Thanks for your thorough reply. I am not talking about detailed, working drawings, just rough plans that show how the space is organized. Similar to what they include in Architectural Record or ArchDaily. Plenty of architects choose to include them on their websites and it is nice to study how they organize spaces. A bunch of pretty images doesn't tell the entire story. Rick Joy is another residential architect who includes plans on his website (see below). They are not detailed enough for someone to use to build with or reproduce and pass off as their own. I just thought someone may have more examples of this to use as precedent studies.

Jun 14, 22 11:06 am  · 
 · 
arhiarhi design group

Take an internship somewhere. That will help double. U will learn by working. Plus get to see plans for workshop

Jun 18, 22 2:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: