Archinect
anchor

Job application wait time

mevx

What is the longest period you have experienced between a job application, first interview and offer/rejection? What position was it?

May 24, 22 5:54 pm
Nammoadiaphat

Various - My longest period was from 2019 to the present and I have yet to hear back. When I applied for my current job, the longest period before hearing back from the employer was a couple of hours. 

what position for what career - I assume architecture? 

My advice is to keep applying , and assume the worst. 

May 24, 22 7:38 pm  · 
1  · 
arhiarhi design group

its a game of luck

Jun 19, 22 1:54 am  · 
 · 
ill_will

I applied to a firm, interviewed, and they got back to me in 3 months. By that time I had started my current position and it was too late... But then again, why would you want to work somewhere where time passes so slowly. Even if its a good firm, I'd value punctuality pretty highly.

Feb 1, 23 10:02 am  · 
 · 
architecturepinecone

The longest period I have experienced was approximately 4 months between a job application, first interview, and offer/rejection. During this time, I had to follow up with the employer several times to ensure my application was being reviewed. Ultimately, I received a job offer and I accepted it.

Feb 1, 23 12:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: