Archinect
anchor

Professional Works / Architecture Portfolio - Potentially Apply to Graduated School

hiall

Hi everyone, 

If I want to build a portfolio of my architectural work for graduate school, what should I include? 
There are a lot of schematic designs that I have completed for custom residential/single family projects, but I am uncertain if the graduate school would be interested in seeing these types of projects? In addition to that, I also did some DDs or CDs, which I am sure I should include since the work was neither WOW-worthy nor academically compelling.

Essentially, my advisor advised me to include work experience, but the work itself is not that creative.

Apr 29, 22 6:59 pm
newbie.Phronesis

Anything creative or design-orientated of your own work is ideal, but work you've done will definitely make you a stronger applicant. Need a good balance of the two aspects.

Just ensure you include YOUR work, even if it was no more than washroom detailing. A pretty render that was outsourced/not yours isn't wise to include...

Best of luck with your application!

Apr 29, 22 11:15 pm  · 
 · 

you can include technical stuff but it is more appropriate for employment than graduate school, all things otherwise being equal. Unless you are doing a masters of project management or building science it is not going to say very much about the kind of work you hope to explore, nor very much about you either.

Apr 30, 22 11:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: