Archinect
anchor

EVOLO 2022 winners announcement postponement

orangepeel23

Originally, set to be announced April 26, the announcement has been pushed to May 2nd. Does anybody have any idea why this would happen? Do winners get notified beforehand?

Apr 26, 22 2:35 pm
Non Sequitur

Why?  This year's winning proposal will look like any other proposal from the past 10years of the competition.

Apr 26, 22 3:38 pm  · 
2  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Yeah, but they'll all be sustainable, this time, and won't be mistaken for a coffee stir stick!

Apr 26, 22 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

how many of them will be 3D-printed coffee stir sticks?

Apr 26, 22 3:49 pm  · 
1  · 

Announcing competition winners today!? In this economy!?

Psst ... I heard* it was some super ridiculous scandal. 

*I just made up.

Apr 26, 22 5:09 pm  · 
1  · 
orangepeel23

thank you all, very much, so grateful, much insight. 

Apr 26, 22 5:47 pm  · 
3  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Happy to oblige! Cheers!

Apr 26, 22 6:00 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

My invoice is in the mail.

Apr 26, 22 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
jcarch

This presents an opportunity to tell my favorite competition story.

25ish years ago there was a competition to imagine what to do w/ a vacant triangle of land left over between the intersection of 3 streets in lower Manhattan, sponsored by a local but very well known/regarded architectural gallery, with the jury chaired by a minor starchitect.  Being a young architect with nothing better to do, I entered the competition, and if i say so myself, my entry was pretty good.  A week before the winners were to be announced, a co-worker said that her friend had already seen all of the entries.  "How could that be?" I asked.  "Her dad is the jury chair." I was told.  A few days before the winners were to be announced, the gallery announced that the starchitect was withdrawing from the jury.

Can you guess what happened next?

That's right, the competition was won by.....the starchitect's daughter.

Apr 27, 22 1:47 pm  · 
1  · 

Damn. That's just . . . . damn.

Apr 27, 22 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

We had a similar thing happen here before. We have a local architectural group similar to the one you're talking about. Inevitably, the architect who chaired it would win at least one award from his group, every year. Now, he was an incredible designer (RIP) but that part was always bullshit. It's like he barely tried to hide it.

Apr 27, 22 4:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: