Archinect
anchor

"Interactive/Responsive Urban Design"?

starkkitect

I'm interested in interactive/responsive designs so I'm thinking of having interactivity for my portfolio theme. Some of my works would include interactive designs using sound, light etc.. and yeah, I've set my eyes on GSD's MDes a little.

But since I'm an architecture major, I'd like to include some architecture work in there as well. This semester our studio(4th year B.Arch) is doing urban design (on a small scale, where you don't design the whole urban area. Rather you design a building that could impact the urban area.). So I thought it would be a good idea to also connect my urban design work with interactivity.

My question is, what exactly is "Interactive Urban Design"?

I thought any type of architectural design is a response to its environment/surroundings so wouldn't any urban design be "interactive"? I've done some searching on the internet but I still don't see how "Interactive Urban Design" is different from "Normal Urban Designs".

Apr 12, 22 3:13 am
Non Sequitur

“I’ve done some searching” wow. How about you quit being lazy and put in some thinking time other than googling. You’re in school to (hopefully) develop the ability to think, so get to it and define the terms in your question. 

Apr 12, 22 6:23 am  · 
 · 
starkkitect

noted.

Apr 12, 22 8:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: