Archinect
anchor

Advice on getting my foot on becoming an architect as an industrial designer in practice?

Muse Maken

Advice on getting my foot on becoming an architect as an industrial designer in practice?

Apr 7, 22 10:35 am
bowling_ball

Your assets will be possibly in visualization as noted above, but also in designing and detailing millwork. My background is in ID before I became an architect and that made the transition smoother because I had something to offer that other fresh grads didn't. The big difference is that most architectural work is assembling a kit of parts, while in ID you have different constraints. 

Apr 7, 22 11:51 am  · 
 · 
Muse Maken

Would you share how ID is helping you when you're tackling architectural projects? Do you still do ID at your day-to-day job?

Apr 8, 22 7:54 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I've never done ID at any architectural firm. It's an entirely different thing unless you work for one of the three or so arch firms that also get to design furniture or hardware. If you want to be an architect, be an architect. How does that background help? Well, they're both about solving problems within specific constraints.

Apr 8, 22 8:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: