Archinect
anchor

What will be stronger/more stable?

Archiwork

So I don’t know if I’ve come to the right place, but I need some help regarding a little project I have going on.

In this project I have a model that has two floors, the upper needs to be able to hold a certain amount of weight. This upper floor is supported by triangular pillars. 

Now to my problem, on one side of the floor I have a somewhat small but long rectangular area that I can use for pillars. Not knowing if the material I have chosen is going to be able to support the weight, should I use one long isosceles triangle (that is stretched out from one end to the other of the rectangular area) or two equilateral triangles?

(Sorry that I can’t post a picture with this)

Apr 4, 22 2:31 pm
Non Sequitur
  1. When is your homework due?
  2. Stop being a lazy student and figure this shit on your own.
  3. When in doubt, specify sky-hooks (hot-dip galv if exterior application)
  4. Good luck.
Apr 4, 22 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Pillars.

Apr 4, 22 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

stacks of interns also works, I'm told.

Apr 4, 22 4:13 pm  · 
3  · 
proto

last I checked... stack of interns is statically indeterminate

Apr 4, 22 4:40 pm  · 
1  · 
atelier nobody

Remember the two most important notes you can put on drawings: BAB & BAC.

Apr 4, 22 5:14 pm  · 
1  · 
citizen

The code reads: "Interns, once fully exhaled..."  We can't have structural failure just because someone burps or farts.  Come on, people!

(Also allowed: use of very small interns as shims to achieve level floors.)

Apr 4, 22 5:15 pm  · 
4  · 
citizen

(Sorry that I can’t post a picture with this)

No problem!  It's not like ours is a field that deals with, oh, sketches, diagrams, drawings, images, and graphic depictions of all kinds to describe every possible condition and relationship or anything.  Imprecise vocabulary fumbling toward incomplete description will do just fine.

Apr 4, 22 5:20 pm  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: