How is the circulation in this plan????

chackomathew

How is the circulation in this plan???? Can anyone reply

Mar 11, 22 11:44 am
b3tadine[sutures]

What are we looking at?

Mar 11, 22 11:47 am  · 
 · 

I assume this is your first time on a online forum so I'll give you a few pointers. 

First - provide a better image to reference. 

Second - ask a questions that is more focused.  Ask about areas that you are concerned about. 

Third - get ready to get ridiculed relentlessly.  Either your a student asking for us to do you homework for you OR you're a cheap fool asking for free architectural services.  

Mar 11, 22 11:48 am  · 
4  · 
midlander

i'd also assume this is their first time drafting a plan. hopefully for a high school class not university project. we need some background information to know how tough to be in the comments.

Mar 11, 22 3:52 pm  · 
2  · 
Le Courvoisier

yep, it circulates

Mar 11, 22 11:54 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Looks fine to me.

Good talk.

Mar 11, 22 11:55 am  · 
1  · 

I expected more from you.

Mar 11, 22 11:56 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Sorry, eh. I'm on vacation next week so I'm too busy tying up loose ends.

Mar 11, 22 12:15 pm  · 
 · 

That's no excuse! You have a legacy to uphold! I'm sure Grandpa NS would be upset with you for not bringing the snark to an OP that is so deserving of it.

With great snark comes great responsibility.  

Mar 11, 22 12:29 pm  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

Don’t know about that Chad. At least it’s good enough for GSD portfolio.

Mar 12, 22 8:19 am  · 
 · 
midlander

the circulation is awkward and inconvenient. you enter the house into an odd lounge space looking at a corner, and there is no path anywhere that runs in a straight line parallel to the walls. in the dining area circulation is obstructed by crowded furniture. the only area with some clear space is a corner at the bathroom door.

i don't see an easy fix for this. the general arrangement of the rooms is strange. neither function nor occupant experience seem to have been considered. if you are a student, get some books on basic space arrangements for homes, and study designs of famous houses by architects you admire. good home design starts with a logical arrangement of simple rooms.

Mar 11, 22 3:46 pm  · 
1  · 
midlander

also the kitchen makes no sense at all. it seems like a drawing error that mixed up the floor space vs countertop areas.

Mar 11, 22 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I'm mostly impressed you were able to read the plan well enough to figure any of this out.

Mar 14, 22 2:42 pm  · 
1  · 
midlander

i'm a connoisseur of lazy work.

Mar 15, 22 1:46 am  · 
1  · 
citizen

You know, I wasn't even going to open this thread.  But I simply could not withstand the urgency demanded by that fourth question mark.

Mar 11, 22 3:53 pm  · 
 · 

The fourth question mark is what got me to provide a semi-serious response.

Mar 14, 22 10:28 am  · 
1  · 
citizen

Don't sell yourself short, Chad. Your response seems fully serious and aimed at helping the OP. Mine is only a teeny bit serious, but also aimed at a bit of help by highlighting that a query will be taken more seriously if presented that way.

Mar 14, 22 10:36 am  · 
 · 

I read 'query' as 'quarry'. Fitting for this site . . .

Mar 14, 22 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
proto

retracted

Mar 11, 22 4:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: