Archinect
anchor

Career path: from Architecture to which field

Kimshen

Hi, 

I am an architect which nine years of experience. My knowledge is more in medium to large scale projects. I would say there is a lot more out there for me to learn however, I want to redirect my role to more of a team leader role. I am not a 9-5 person. Every now and then, I enjoy looking at details but I am NOT a documenter. I LOVE to deal with people and I always good in making relationships .

What path do you think I should take? where can I grow and make more money? luckily I have these three options in front of me to choose from.  

A. work as a in house architect for a developer/ builder. Which opportunity to move departments  within the company.

B. work as a construction and property project manager assistant.

C. work as a design coordinator and get trained to be a Design manager 

Feb 28, 22 10:55 pm
midlander

all are good options, and there is no way to say what suits you best. i've done A and loved it. I know a very successful colleague who started off on path B and later became a development director for a top company.

there are opportunities to shift between these roles as you move through your career - don't worry too much about knowing which is "best" now. My advice is talk to your potential boss in each company and choose the one where you feel most likely to respect and enjoy working with the team.

Mar 1, 22 5:25 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: