Archinect
anchor

UK Architect qualification

Obelix97

hi guys..

I finished my Part 1(BArch)  overseas (3 years) , and my Uni is validated by RIBA…Then i finished my Part 2 (MArch) in the UK.. 

So i am a bit lost with the whole ARB thing.. i know that if i want to be a licensed architect in the uk, i would have to sit an ARB exam.. but just Part 1, right? 
now, i plan to work in the uk but employers ask me do i want to progress towards Part 3, and i am a bit lost..can i do Part 3 if i don’t do Part 1 examination before or what??? 

I would really appreciate the help.. thank youu

Feb 16, 22 11:58 am
Bench

You need to speak with the RIBA directly. This situation is not uncommon, but does require some liasing with the governing body to ensure you take all the necessary steps to finish your qualifications. I assume to enter any Part III program you'd already have these items in order.

For employers - answer that you do want to progress towards Part III. Always better to indicate that it is your intention. If they question further, you can elaborate that you are verifying your undergraduate degree with RIBA and expect to begin the final qualification once that is wrapped up.

Feb 16, 22 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
Obelix97

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your answer! I will definitely have to talk with them... Those new reforms that ARB presented are promising but still - nothing specific and exact.

Thank you :)

Feb 17, 22 8:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: