Archinect
anchor

The Loss of a Mentor

Mr2G
I received a text last Friday from my mentor/ architecture Dad’s son that he had passed away and I am absolutely devastated. No one really talks about that relationship/bond. I wouldn’t be who I am in this profession not to mention who I am as a person without him. I hope someday someone will say they same about me.

Feb 13, 22 8:39 pm

Sorry for your loss. Mentors are truly special people. 

Their influence never leaves you, bask in it.

Feb 13, 22 9:13 pm  · 
2  · 

I am sorry for your loss.

It sounds like you are a mentor as well. I can't think of a better way to honor their memory than to carry on the tradition.

Feb 13, 22 9:24 pm  · 
2  · 
citizen

Thank you for posting, Mr2G.  Many condolences for your loss, and I totally relate.

I worry how painful the loss of my mom and dad will be.  After that, it's losing my architecture mentor, who's heading toward ninety.  An amazing guy who headed into architecture because his career as a physicist wasn't fulfilling, he has shaped my work, my practice, and my person for over 35 years.  I still see him, after leaving the firm 15 years ago.  And, probably unfortunately for some here on Archinect, he helped hone my sense of humor  :O]

Everyone should have (and be) a wonderful mentor.

Feb 14, 22 12:47 pm  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: