Archinect
anchor

Permeable paving on driveway

go do it

Howdy all,

In order to cut down on the amount of concrete and save the planet, I have been contemplating using a permeable paving on a driveway for residential use.

I would like to use a product like this Dupont product, Dupont is the devil so an alternative is welcome. To save on labor, a grid with cells to be gravel or recycled ground up concrete / glass filled is the process that I am looking at. I could even use different colored gravel for and effect / pattern of some sort.

Any ideas for gravel stabilization? I am sure that after compaction and grid isolation the carry off would be minimal but would a product like Gorilla Snot or similar be of use?  

Thanks for any input and alternatives.

Take care.

Go Bengals!

Feb 9, 22 1:00 pm
whistler

There's better products out there that work as well or better than what you are illustrating.  Most major paving stone makers have appropriate products that work.  Used concrete pavers and grass pavers successfully.

Feb 9, 22 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
fenwayrabbit

This is under the paver, or this is it?

Feb 10, 22 10:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: