Archinect
anchor

What's our Project?

DArchMan

Just a fun question. What period do you think we are we in today?...Are we POMO/NEOPOMO/POPOMO, NeoModern....Is parametric design officially off the table? Are we Post-Movement? Where is our C.I.A.M.? lol Thoughts?

Feb 8, 22 6:04 pm
SneakyPete

NEWB

Feb 8, 22 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

I don’t know.  The most interesting work imo is coming from Africa, Kere, etc.  It’s sort of critical regionalism combined with a heightened sense of social and environmental sustainability - not in a hey look at me way.  kinda Murcuitt-ish or Rick Joy-ish, but with a humble monumentality (oxymoron I know).  Then, we have a refinement of craft and critical regionalism in the west.  Nice wood stuff.  Then some cool hi tech stuff where the technology has  caught up enough to the concept to be interesting.  Then some awful death rattles of starchitecture.   It seems less singularly definable than other periods.  

Feb 8, 22 6:28 pm  · 
2  · 

T1

Feb 8, 22 7:57 pm  · 
 · 

T1 instead of +1?

Feb 15, 22 12:20 am  · 
 · 

Totally agree, whether brick or rammed earth, some great stuff with particular focus on local construction methods/materials.

Feb 15, 22 12:29 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

High Bureacratic

Feb 8, 22 7:50 pm  · 
 · 

DArchMan - When is your report due?  :P

Had to say it.  

Feb 8, 22 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

NOOB

Feb 9, 22 1:06 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Forgot the link: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Noob&amp=true

Feb 9, 22 5:19 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

BIG has obviously taken us to the Comic Book Era. 

Feb 9, 22 5:16 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

We're in the Antropogenic age. Fussing over decorative styles seems a bit misguided when the world is burning. 

Feb 9, 22 9:40 am  · 
4  · 
midlander

This. I think our current focus on voluntary performance credentials like LEED etc will someday be seen in the same way as early functionalist modernism, kind of a misguided effort with good intentions.

Feb 9, 22 10:04 am  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

Interesting way to look at it. For better or worse, it's an interesting time and our architecture should reflect what's going on in the world. Throwback styles that are energy hogs are not it.

Feb 9, 22 2:02 pm  · 
 · 

The Disinformation Age. 

Feb 9, 22 3:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: