Archinect
anchor

Architecture Form Analysis

asdhss

Hi, I'm a first year architecture student and just started my 2nd semester yesterday. So we have this assignment about form analysis, in this case there's no need to go to deep, like we're not gonna discuss about the site, material, and etc. Just the analysis of the basic elements on creating a room/building and what ambiance does it create. So... any ideas what building should I analyze? something simple yet unique 

Feb 8, 22 2:31 am
Non Sequitur

there are literally millions of good examples. How about you make an effort and do your own research instead of asking others to do it for you? Lazy student. 

Feb 8, 22 6:18 am  · 
 · 
asdhss

i did my research, in fact i got tons of ideas but just can't decide it yet. i was just excited to learn and wanted to have a discussion about it.

Feb 8, 22 7:06 am  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Buildings, or typology? I'd go with sex booths at Times Square. Or torture chambers of Gitmo.

Feb 8, 22 7:54 am  · 
1  · 
tduds

or sex booths at Gitmo.

Feb 8, 22 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Did a research on torture chambers at Times Square, turns out they’re just office cubicles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feb 8, 22 1:53 pm  · 
1  · 
tduds

also the booths at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

Feb 8, 22 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

so you like architecture enough to study it - propose some buildings you like and want to learn a little more about. Picking the building is supposed to be the easy part...

Feb 8, 22 9:27 am  · 
1  · 
randomised

just use the building you grew up in, it really isn’t about picking the best building or most obscure building or what have you…it’s about the analysis.

Feb 8, 22 1:56 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: