Archinect
anchor

Architecture start and advice without a degree?

AndrewFischer-Gledhill

I'm English American in NY we kind of invented the Skyscraper in Chicago the Home Insurance Building in 1885. When something new is made or invented there is no degree or training for it. Tons of people have licenses for equivalent work experience never needing a degree,  my grandfather was one of them but I never had enough contact with him, one of 3 people in California in a timespan to have a Architecture license without a degree. I realize education doesn't guarantee supplier connections and equipment to take with you or even contacts to accomplish anything. With all the undocumented workers and foreigners working in the USA I just want to get to work. There are people in culinary arts who never studied culinary arts, non union fresh of the boat or over the border construction, tradeskills, and other have been and will eventually get licensed insured credentialized without degrees while people pay and waste time in the education system. The degree, credential system is completely screwing over people born narrow minded, paying and wasting time as illgeals and foreigners get paid unlicensed, uncredentialized, without paying for any education. I've met enough. The more degrees etc trying to be sold affects native borns, the less work is done.

I'm a quick learner that doesn't believe in wasting time. I'm English and I don't believe in degrees, don't do them, just learn to do the work. Work equivalency gets licensed meaning people do it unlicensed and without degrees. Degrees and education causes homelessness its not like educators are working at a steel mill, doing construction, labor, etc. We could all be educators or students but then we would all be homeless, hungry, clothless, with nothing.

Where do I start Architecture, infrstructure, factory and product design? I have no degree but anyone want to hire me as volunteer work or unpaid internships or apprenticeship (Just make a position for me =) think about how working without a degree is the right way) or I'm making my own business, you cant stop me and want to work with me?

Feb 4, 22 7:18 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

What the living fuck are you even going on about?

Feb 4, 22 8:07 pm  · 
3  · 
RJ87

The key takeaway I took was that "Degrees and education causes homelessness".

Feb 7, 22 2:12 pm  · 
 · 

This is a
double post from a fantasy construct.

Feb 7, 22 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

This is a
double post from a fantasy construct.

Feb 7, 22 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

This reads like something that was written in a language other than English and fed into an auto-translator.

Feb 7, 22 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

maybe but he emphasizes that he is an English American and his (ethnic?) group invented the skyscraper in chicago

Feb 7, 22 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
rcz1001

Short answer: GET A JOB. Work for an architect. Complete the requirements for licensure in State of New York or some other state where you might want to live and practice architecture as a career but one that offers you an experience based path to licensure as an architect. 

The hardest part is getting employed and then staying employed while gaining the years of experience you need to get licensed as an architect. Then you will pass the ARE exams.

Feb 6, 22 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Go out and make a few billion then hire whoever you want and tell them what to draw.  Seemed to work fine for Charlie Munger..... until it didn't

Feb 8, 22 4:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: