Archinect
anchor

Architectural technology - what career options I have?

Jessicak

I graduated from architectural technology last year. I've been trying my best to understand building science, but it has been very hard for me to draw details. I've been watching videos, reading books, but still it's very hard. 

I've been working at this company after I graduated. I passed the probation period last year, but I'm always afraid that they will change their mind and fire me since I'm not good in technical things. They've been asking me to do other things, not details drawings since they know I'm not that good. 

What other career options I have? I'm really thinking to try another path because I'm not good at it. I've been feeling so depressive on how I'm so stupid and can't understand building science even after studying 3 years in the program. I don't know what to do. Thinking to give up about everything to be honest. 

Can someone help me please? What other jobs I can work with this diploma? I would appreciate any advice. 

Thank you. 

Feb 2, 22 11:04 pm
SneakyPete

Don't give up. Detailing is difficult. It requires an understanding of systems, construction, sequencing, cost, and many other aspects that frequently only become comfortable with experience. 

Breathe. 

Stop worrying about being fired. If you get fired then the job wasn't a good fit. By your own description you work hard. Keep it up. Learn what you find engaging. Don't quit just because you are taking longer than someone who only values you for the money they spend on your salary. You're more than that. 

Feb 12, 22 12:15 am  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

For reference it took me almost a decade to feel comfortable detailing. Now it's why I get hired.

Feb 12, 22 12:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: