Archinect
anchor

ideas to use a space that is low ceiling

markoskyprianou

Hello everyone i have a very interesting project, I am designing a 1000 m 2 internal area duplex apartment, my question is on one side of the apartment on the 36th floor it will be an indoor pool spa area, the pool will be sinked in with depth of 1 m so the height of the ceiling on the 35th floor will be  2.5 m which is low in that area of the apartment on the 35th what would you have in order for the low ceiling space to look good 

Jan 21, 22 2:23 pm
tduds

Just lease out the 35th floor to short people.

Jan 21, 22 2:42 pm  · 
 · 

Raise the door knobs.

Cut the legs off the furniture.

Use dimmable light fixtures.

Jan 21, 22 2:54 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

that’s illegal in my country (tallest people in the world), 2.6m is the absolute minimum…

Jan 21, 22 2:57 pm  · 
2  · 
proto

storage, or maybe steerage

Jan 21, 22 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

Rent it to LesterCorp

Jan 21, 22 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Just give up that apartment and make the pool extra deep.

Jan 21, 22 4:18 pm  · 
6  · 
atelier nobody

Yeah, 1m is kind of a shallow pool. I realize putting a huge tank of water on an upper floor at 1kg/L has structural implications, but if the building can take the load then I'd just make the pool the full depth of the storey.

Jan 21, 22 5:36 pm  · 
2  · 
SneakyPete

atelier, that 'if,' like the floor below this apartment, is doing some seriously heavy lifting.

Jan 21, 22 7:47 pm  · 
2  · 
bowling_ball

All I can say is that I wish I had enough money to waste on a useless pool while also making the space below it unusable.

Jan 21, 22 7:43 pm  · 
2  · 
citizen

Office and meeting space for the IOCK* ?

* Institute of Constant Kneelers

Jan 22, 22 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

2.5m is 8.2ft, that's high enough for nearly any activity and higher than the ceilings in most old homes in the US. 

Jan 23, 22 10:52 am  · 
2  · 
bowling_ball

You're right. But it allows only a 1m deep pool, and we're all making an assumption that they've allowed for enough structure below it to keep from failing. I don't buy it.

Jan 23, 22 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

and space for acoustics, finishes, M&E, etc.

Jan 23, 22 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

In the original post they wrote, "the height of the ceiling on the 35th floor will be 2.5 m." Why assume otherwise?

Jan 23, 22 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

You're right. It's an assumption. But it tells me this person has nobody in real life to run this idea by, which therefore tells me they likely have very little experience in this area.

Jan 23, 22 4:49 pm  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

Fair assumption.

Jan 23, 22 5:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: