Archinect
anchor

Is Columbia's intro to architecture worth it?

knicksjets25

I am currently a sophomore majoring in physics at a LAC and minoring in architectural studies. I am considering going to graduate school for an M.Arch and took an architecture design class and really enjoyed it. I have been trying to find shadowing at small firms this summer, but unfortunately, I have not found any luck. One architect that I emailed recommended getting more studio experience, such as taking Columbia's over the summer. 

Is Columbia's 5-week studio worth $4000? My LAC has three architectural design classes (took I this past fall, enrolled in II this spring, and will be taking III next fall), but they don't involve much computer software like AutoCAD and Revit and are mainly hand-drawn floor plans and models. Is Columbia's course going to differ a lot from my LAC? (nonprofessional B.Arch/B.S but taught by a practicing architect) 

Jan 18, 22 2:33 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: