Archinect
anchor

Looking for book recommendations on the architecture design process. Thanks!

KingsMake

So, I am working on a portfolio for admission to M.Arch programs in the coming years and I am coming from an unrelated background. My plan is to free up enough time to work on a few personal projects (difficult to do when you are supporting a wife and have rent to pay) but I really want to learn about the design process as I go. I have designed things before, but it is difficult to say exactly why my designs look good or bad -it seems like more of an intuitive thing. For example, most people like the design of the Walk Disney Concert Hall, but what is the formula that Gehry used to come up with the design? (I have not seen his online masterclass but I probably will try to buy it) 

Maybe there is no formula for designing beautiful buildings and I should just study as many portfolios as I can? If I learn the techniques and processes used in portfolios, perhaps I can better discover my own processes?

I go through portfolios on Issuu sometimes, but I would love to study something from a book as well. Thank you!

Dec 29, 21 5:16 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: