Archinect
anchor

When is an architect needed.

bydicoma123

In big projects such as airports, stadiums and skyscrapers, an architect is needed in both preliminary design and advanced design stages (advanced construction documents) or only in preliminary design?

Dec 13, 21 2:10 pm

Architects are used throughout the design process.

Predesign (if hired to do so - this is an additional fee)

Conceptual Design (if hired to do so - this is an additional fee)

Schematic Design (part of base contract)

Design Development (part of base contract)

Construction Documents (part of base contract)

Construction Administration (part of base contract but can be excluded by owner)

Dec 13, 21 2:16 pm  · 
1  · 
JLC-1

I hope archinect and its users get some credit in these homework assignments one day.

Dec 13, 21 2:26 pm  · 
2  · 

I hope so too.

Dec 13, 21 3:14 pm  · 
1  · 
bydicoma123

And what is the role of the architect in design development and construction documents phases, if the design has already been created in previous phases?

Dec 13, 21 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

Don't look at the names of each phase, it would give away the surprise.

Dec 13, 21 2:35 pm  · 
3  · 

bydicoma123 - do a google search you lazy punter.  I've already done 50% your assignment for you.  

Dec 13, 21 3:15 pm  · 
2  · 
shellarchitect

don't let other architects fool you!

An architect is only really needed at the very end to provide permit drawings to the government.  A couple sheets of paper is usually enough but architects often gouge the owners with huge fees and then justify those fees with big pieces of paper.

Dec 13, 21 2:38 pm  · 
1  · 
RJ87

Everyone knows the bigger the piece of paper the bigger the fee!

Dec 13, 21 2:45 pm  · 
1  · 

Pffft - I just email out my stamp electronically to clients to sign their own drawings. Way less work than physically stamping drawings.

Dec 13, 21 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

NFT stamps, get with the times.

Dec 14, 21 2:00 am  · 
1  · 

Doing my drawings at 36x48 for a 2000 SF house for the fees

Dec 14, 21 12:16 pm  · 
1  · 

Do you charge per square inch of drawing sheets? :)

Dec 14, 21 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

An architect is needed after Heatherwick, Kanye, or Charlie Munger is done with their scribbles.

Dec 13, 21 2:53 pm  · 
3  · 
proto

OP is 16; there's room for humor, but leave off a bit

Dec 13, 21 4:25 pm  · 
1  · 

I gave the OP a real answer because of his age. The fact that he / she isn't willing to spend five minutes googling " what responsibilities dose an architect have in X phase of a project" is just lazy.

Dec 13, 21 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

https://archinect.com/news/art...

Dec 13, 21 7:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: