Archinect
anchor

nodes in urban architecture

dalal

hello

i was wondering about the definition of "nodes" in relation to architecture, the word have so many several and different definitions and meaning, i saw some analysis that define a node as for two types local-global, other "interior-exterior", also "primary and secondary" but i'm still looking at a boarder definition maybe or more specific. 

Also i read that a node can be a transport station, does this make bus stops for example a node? why and why not. 

also i would be grateful if anyone answer what a node can be, I feel like it is very vague as it have different definition.   

Nov 24, 21 12:27 pm
Non Sequitur

It's not vague at all... You just need to put in a little more effort than 3 lazy google searches.  This is not the place to crowd-source your homework assignements.

What is a node

Nov 24, 21 12:41 pm  · 
1  ·  1
citizen

I hab a code id by nodes

The common cold : The Aging of Aquarius

Nov 24, 21 1:40 pm  · 
2  · 
Almosthip

Nodes are activity centers, could be transit related or entertainment or shopping

Nov 24, 21 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

node is just a general term for a place where systems interact or change. it isn't a specific thing. it's similar to the word "point" or "place" but implies that it's a location within a system or network.

subway stations are nodes in a transit network. light switches are nodes in the lighting system.

Nov 25, 21 7:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: