Archinect
anchor

nodes in urban architecture

dalal

hello

i was wondering about the definition of "nodes" in relation to architecture, the word have so many several and different definitions and meaning, i saw some analysis that define a node as for two types local-global, other "interior-exterior", also "primary and secondary" but i'm still looking at a boarder definition maybe or more specific. 

Also i read that a node can be a transport station, does this make bus stops for example a node? why and why not. 

also i would be grateful if anyone answer what a node can be, I feel like it is very vague as it have different definition.   

Nov 24, 21 12:27 pm
Non Sequitur

It's not vague at all... You just need to put in a little more effort than 3 lazy google searches.  This is not the place to crowd-source your homework assignements.

What is a node

Nov 24, 21 12:41 pm  · 
1  ·  1
citizen

I hab a code id by nodes

The common cold : The Aging of Aquarius

Nov 24, 21 1:40 pm  · 
2  · 
Almosthip

Nodes are activity centers, could be transit related or entertainment or shopping

Nov 24, 21 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

node is just a general term for a place where systems interact or change. it isn't a specific thing. it's similar to the word "point" or "place" but implies that it's a location within a system or network.

subway stations are nodes in a transit network. light switches are nodes in the lighting system.

Nov 25, 21 7:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: