Archinect
anchor

Urgent question please

Newjacy

how many page portfolio should I submit for masters in architecture? Does no. of pages matters? 

Nov 3, 21 8:58 am
Non Sequitur

You should submit as little pages as possible.  No one is going to flip through 30 pages of site plans and arrays of "study" digital models.  It's your job to curate your work efficiently to demonstrate your skills.

Just make sure you know if the school has a minimum or maximum size.

Nov 3, 21 9:16 am  · 
 · 
Newjacy

Thank you. Would you mind reviewing my portfolio once?

Nov 3, 21 9:19 am  · 
 · 
Newjacy

And approx how many projects should I put.?

Nov 3, 21 9:23 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

The number of projects is irrelevant unless there is a specific requirement. What is important is that your portfolio demonstrate your creative design and problem solving process. It's not a grocery list, it's a design excercise.

Nov 3, 21 10:08 am  · 
2  · 
x-jla

Speak for yourself bro. I judge portfolios not by their quality, but by their metric weight. Best portfolio ever was just name of student chiseled into a granite block. A+

Nov 3, 21 11:06 am  · 
1  · 
x-jla

Min 1000 pages.

Nov 3, 21 11:07 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Points for using metric. You're growing up Jla!

Nov 3, 21 11:12 am  · 
1  · 
x-jla

It’s the only units on my weed scale

Nov 3, 21 12:03 pm  · 
1  · 
Newjacy

Thank you non sequitur.

Nov 3, 21 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
square.

these are the easy questions to answer, which is concerning.

Nov 3, 21 12:11 pm  · 
2  · 
natematt

I presume most masters programs still have very explicit limits on size. Usually pretty short. You should look at the programs you're interested in and base your decision on that. Asking us here does nothing if it's not in line with what the school is asking for. 

Nov 3, 21 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
Newjacy

I’m applying in politecnico di milano for MSc. in architecture and urban design and building architecture.

Nov 3, 21 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

The schools you're applying to probably have a maximum file size published in their application requirements.

Nov 3, 21 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
Newjacy

I’m applying in politecnico di milano for MSc. in architecture and urban design and building architecture. And apparently they have mentioned file size not pages number.

Nov 3, 21 2:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: