Archinect
anchor

Would appreciate portfolio reviews.

Newjacy

Hello everyone, 

I’ll be applying for MSc in Building Architecture and Urban design in  Politecnico di Milano, Italy. I have recently completed my B.Arch from India. Last year I got rejected from Polimi. And this time I really want it to be good. 

It would be great if you can take some time an review my portfolio. I would be really grateful. Feel free to give comments as long as you can. 

Portfolio link- https://issuu.com/janhavigupta5862/docs/janhavi_portfolio

More or less my portfolio is going to look like this. And projects are going to be according to the course I’m going to apply for. 

Thank you. 

Nov 1, 21 5:24 am
Newwbiee19987

can add more projects. 

Nov 1, 21 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
Newjacy

hey everyone. 

You reviews would be extremely helpful to me. 

Nov 2, 21 6:35 am  · 
 · 
randomised

This might sound harsh but unless you're able to redo your projects it's not going to be good (enough) for Polimi, in my opinion...no tip or advice will lift your portfolio to the level that it would get you admitted.

Nov 2, 21 11:30 am  · 
 · 
Newjacy

What is going wrong in it? What’s Missing
?

Nov 3, 21 3:07 am  · 
 · 
midlander

the designs are boring and ordinary. even in your own portfolio you prioritize the site plans over any visual or conceptual information. it doesn't appear there is any theoretical or conceptual 'study' in your studies - these are just examples of understanding the assignment and finishing it. that is excellent for getting a job, but won't get you admitted into top schools. they are looking for students who love the art of architecture and great buildings, and show an effort to emulate that special quality in their own work.

Nov 3, 21 7:28 am  · 
 · 
midlander

if you really are serious about getting into a top school (and I know nothing about European schools...) you should look at the kind of work other students produce, and work the faculty produces, and see what they do that makes it interesting and good. what you've put in here has no problems, it's just not special at all.

Nov 3, 21 7:31 am  · 
 · 

To me it doesn't look any better or worse than most of the portfolios I have seen here. Too much information, and text.

Imo you will have to rethink it. Architecture is about redoing it till you get it right. This will take some time.

1. In 25 words or less describe the design intent.

2. Express the design intent in 4 diagrams.

3. Add 2 or 3 supporting images with captions only no additional text.

4. Rethink and rewrite the design intent and put it at the beginning. Again 25 words or less.

My 2¢

Nov 3, 21 9:29 am  · 
 · 
Newjacy

Thank you

Nov 3, 21 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
Newjacy

I’ll re think about it.

Nov 3, 21 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Since you asked, the folio is bland and generic.  Looks like most of the folios that get posted here for review.  Not bad, just not unique enough to get my attention.

Cut down on the text and show more progress work.  Show idea sketches, show concept models, show something other than glossy final renderings. Cut the length in half.

Nov 3, 21 10:10 am  · 
 · 
Newjacy

Thank you.

Nov 5, 21 8:57 am  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

Sorry - comment meant for the other thread.

Nov 3, 21 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

This portfolio is horrible for getting admission into a Grad School. It may be good enough to procure employment in some mediocre firms in India that do government projects.

You may have to create new projects and then diagram/illustrate them as advised by others in the forum. You may want to apply yourself to some design competitions to create more interesting work.The way it stands, you will get admission only where they are seeking foreign students to make money.

Sorry if this is harsh, but its true.

Nov 3, 21 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: