reciprocal state license

On the fence

Mostly a rant.

I'm thinking about moving to North Carolina.  I have had my license since 2005 and I have been working in architecture since 1998.  I just looked into the process for this and it appears that I have to have a current NCARB account and a certificate from them to apply for reciprocity in NC.  All for the low cost of $1,100 to NCARB and annual fees of like $300 to keep it current.  Plus the $400 NC fees for the state board to then go through hem as well.

What the $!&*#$?

And yes, I went through NCARB decades ago to get my original authorization to test.  And yes, they do have all of my records up to that point.

Just plain stupid that I need to send them that amount of money to basically "re-open" my NCARB account to issue a certificate.

Oct 25, 21 11:00 am

I went through this about 10 years ago. One would think that of all the people in the world NCARB should know how much fees like this can hurt. It is hard not to consider them as devoid of empathy.

Oct 25, 21 12:41 pm  · 

NCARB is a tick on the taint of the profession. They took advantage of lazy people and disfunction in government to carve themselves a nice little wealth generator. Scum. They are scum.

Oct 25, 21 12:45 pm  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

  • ×Search in: