Archinect
anchor

M.Arch Fall 2022 Application Status

calchaire92

I'm assuming no one has been accepted, rejected, or taken off the waitlist for SMarchS AD?

Mar 24, 22 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
leeeem

I received the rejection email at Mar.22.

Mar 25, 22 1:46 am  · 
1  · 
arjunkj

Anyone from building technology here ? SMarchS

Mar 25, 22 4:29 am  · 
 · 
bvz7

most likely all the acceptance letters are sent during the march 14th week. If you're at waitlist... prolly wait after first or two weeks of april. But class size is only 30 in the whole SMArchS so you'll likely know soon if anyone rejects the offer.

Mar 26, 22 2:43 pm  · 
1  · 
anon2828

anyone attending the virtual open house today?

Mar 31, 22 11:43 am  · 
 · 
calchaire92

@anon2828 did your friend receive any further info regarding the waitlist?

Apr 15, 22 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
anon2828

Nothing so far. Guess it's the Easter holiday?

Apr 18, 22 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
ss18

Anyone going to TU Delft for MSc in Architecture track? Any idea of their class size?

Mar 25, 22 2:02 am  · 
 · 
undiscoveredcharms

I'm going for Urbanism and the class size is around 25-30

Mar 25, 22 9:40 am  · 
 · 
undiscoveredcharms

I stand corrected. Urbanism is around 80-100 and Architecture is way more.

Mar 26, 22 2:45 am  · 
 · 
undiscoveredcharms

Has anybody got some grants from TU Delft YET?

Mar 25, 22 9:40 am  · 
 · 
arjunkj

No no, on mail they said april first week

Mar 25, 22 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
ss18

Is the financial letter same as aid letter. You have mentioned that you hv recd the financial letter

Apr 3, 22 5:35 am  · 
 · 
Tina Lee

Which one should I choose?

I am admitted to UVA and UW MLA (3-year), however, it is so hard to choose which one to go...

Mar 25, 22 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
p3_g

Hey guys! Any international student heading to Columbia this summer??? Would love to connect and discuss stuff like accommodation:)

Mar 28, 22 1:51 am  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

Hey, would love to.

Apr 19, 22 2:41 am  · 
 · 
kmarchmarch

Anyone planning on heading to WashU this Thurs/Fri for the open house? 

Mar 28, 22 11:21 pm  · 
1  · 
hnate

yep i'm going!

Mar 29, 22 9:05 am  · 
1  · 
kmarchmarch

Send me a dm!

Mar 31, 22 1:41 am  · 
 · 
Architectbabby

Anyone get the email that said that they got recommended to the school by the chair from UCLA and haven't got the official letter or update on portal as well? 

Also in at Sci-Arc but same no letter yet anyone? 

Mar 29, 22 12:01 am  · 
1  · 
sabbyyuu

Hi I received the letter of admissions and scholarships like two weeks after admissions called me regarding the acceptance. Follow up with Angel Monte or Sophia Yoo, they are super quick to respond!

Mar 29, 22 5:52 am  · 
 · 
ham17

Same, I sent an email a few days ago to which I got the response "As the UCLA Graduate Division typically issues their official decision on complete applications sometime in March, we anticipate they will be sending out e-mails with their decisions soon". It's been 3 weeks since my recommendation letter, should I be concerned?

Mar 29, 22 9:01 am  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

Did you have an interview?

Apr 4, 22 4:36 am  · 
 · 
ham17

Got the portal update a few days ago, finally got accepted. I guess UCLA was just backed up. No interview though

Apr 5, 22 11:13 am  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

That was gonna happen anyways. I declined my offer at UCLA though. You’re finally deciding on going to UCLA from uMich then? Or talking up there Berkeley opportunity?

Apr 8, 22 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
sabbyyuu

b

Mar 29, 22 5:52 am  · 
 · 
undiscoveredcharms

*TU Delft*

Did anybody receive any scholarships yet?

How long does it take to receive the financial letter after confirming the admission?

Mar 29, 22 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
arjunkj

I got it within 2 days

Mar 31, 22 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
ss18

how much of aid do they usually offer?

Apr 3, 22 5:12 am  · 
 · 
juliashehadi

Has anyone else yet to hear back from Pratt?

Mar 29, 22 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
ss18

Anyone got into Berlage program at TU Delft?

Mar 29, 22 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
parkkim

I wonder how many students there are in MIT's M.arch program. 

Is there anyone who can tell me?

Mar 31, 22 11:47 am  · 
 · 
bvz7

22-25 ish

Mar 31, 22 12:23 pm  · 
1  · 
archinerd889

Are most graduate schools asking for a response May 1st? I just got into Georgia Tech but I don't see anything about when I need to tell them by.

Apr 1, 22 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
MTTS

I'm not sure about most, but all of the ones I applied to said
@April 15

Apr 1, 22 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
sumedhgangurde

Hi, so this is kinda important so please read through.

I sent my application to AAdrl in December and i received a reply in march 1st week. They have waitlisted me there. In the mail they stated I'll get to know about the waitlist in early june which is super late. I want to be at AA but it's a uk school and has a different admission process for waitlist unlike us universities. 

1. Does anyone have any experience with AA waitlist and what is the timeline?

2. Does sending LOCI interest works here because program head Theodore spyropolus asses who gets in and his mail is not there on the website. Will sending it to admissions mail work?

3. It is a request from me for applicants who're admitted to AADrl and are not willing to continue their admissions there then please let them know you're not going  so people like me who're waitlisted can get to know the decision early

any advice?

Apr 2, 22 3:37 am  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

What DRL course are you talking about?

Apr 2, 22 12:16 pm  · 
1  · 
sumedhgangurde

Masters in Architecture and urbanism ( design research laboratory)

Apr 2, 22 4:22 pm  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

I’ll decline the admission by Monday, hope you get my place :)

Apr 3, 22 1:28 am  · 
1  · 
sumedhgangurde

Aye thanks that's kind kind of you. I hope so too. May i know why you rejected AA? And what date did they gave you to reply back by about your decision? So i can like do permutation combination about the timeline:p

Apr 4, 22 2:07 am  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

Hey, I accepted AA for that time, but now I will apologize and request to withdraw my position for the course. I applied in the first week of January and got accepted on 28th Feb, they gave me 2 weeks to accept the admission and till May/ June 2022 to pay the tuition fees. Now I'll withdraw my name

Apr 4, 22 4:35 am  · 
1  · 
sumedhgangurde

Thanks alot though

Apr 8, 22 12:51 pm  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

Declined the offer, as said

Apr 8, 22 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
dougy99

so has anyone been accepted to MIT yet? I haven’t heard anything yet and it’s driving me crazy. 

Apr 3, 22 2:35 am  · 
 · 
dougy99

Edit: for M.Arch *^

Apr 3, 22 2:36 am  · 
 · 
skyblueprince1

Got accepted to UMich advance standing but would have take 100k loan vs In state university in Philadelphia, Temple University 45k loan Max. Graduate with my Bachelor at Temple, but finding a job in Philly is a nightmare competing to with those graduated from Penn or Drexel. Both are East Coast but considering UMich “name, network and acedamic quality” Do u think UMich is worth going out of state for? And yes i know no degree is worth 100k in debt. Thanks for answering. 

Apr 4, 22 12:48 pm  · 
1  · 
harderthanithought

This is probably too late but my thoughts on michigan,

1. talented cohort of young faculties

2. state school with a lot of money, really great for research opportunities

Apr 16, 22 4:10 am  · 
 · 
arjunkj

Did anyone hear from TU Delft regarding scholarships?

Apr 5, 22 4:13 am  · 
 · 
ss18

They said they will inform only those who receive it.

Apr 5, 22 6:32 am  · 
 · 
undiscoveredcharms

I did not.

Apr 5, 22 7:08 am  · 
 · 
ss18

Nor did I.

Apr 5, 22 8:14 am  · 
 · 
arjunkj

Yes but they also said mostly it will be in April 1st week, if anyone gets it please notify :x

Apr 5, 22 10:58 am  · 
 · 
Lindsaymiller
  • Undergraduate Degree/ School/ Year graduated 

Bachelor in Art. LSU. I will graduate December 2022

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

Planning on ending with a 3.46 (hopefully I can get that up to a 3.5) :/

• Letter of recommendations 

1 (maybe 2) from 2 licensed architects. I will complete my 2nd year as an intern with their firm by the time I graduate

I am not sure whether to get a letter from the Director of Art at LSU or from an architecture professor (I was in architecture undergrad for a year before deciding to go to graduate school instead of pursuing a 5 year degree b/c I switched to architecture as a junior)

• Personal Essay/Statement 

I have looked at essays from students admitted to top schools. A lot of them talk about experiences they have had while traveling, or hardships they have been through. I am honestly just really overwhelmed with where to start. I can't think of one experience that heavily influenced me. It was more of a slow progression toward architecture. I don't really have one main point to make. Does there need to be one main point to your personal narrative?  Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated!

• Portfolio

I plan on included a chair, and a 1/4 scale model of that chair. I have experience in welding so I will include a project from that class. I am currently making a figurative sculpture to include. I can include work from my internship, but I have heard that some admissions board want to see more of your artwork and aren't interested in architectural work (since I am applying to a program for those with little to no experience in architecture)

• Schools 

LSU, Pratt, RISD, Rice (I really only have my top choices picked out right now) I am still in the process of finding schools that I may be well suited for and have a realistic chance of getting into. I have found it difficult to find information on what the standard is for admittance into diff. schools. 

• Open house impressions 

I haven't been to any. I have looked at summer programs but I have to take summer classes. How important are these summer programs? Should I just push through and do 2 classes, an internship, and a summer program? 

Apr 6, 22 12:55 am  · 
 · 
lootiecht

Comment below where you've chosen to go (If you know!) I'd love to hear peoples responses and wish you all the best luck. 

Apr 7, 22 6:27 pm  · 
1  · 
undiscoveredcharms

I'm going to TU Delft

Apr 7, 22 11:01 pm  · 
3  · 
sanahmengi

Going to Michigan Ann Arbor (Taubman)

Apr 8, 22 3:00 pm  · 
3  · 
ansi

Going to CMU

Apr 10, 22 5:44 am  · 
1  · 
harderthanithought

Umich!

Apr 16, 22 4:12 am  · 
1  · 
s.aaron

Also UMich!

Apr 16, 22 6:53 pm  · 
1  · 
mnat99

Also going to UMich. Any knowledge of facebook groups or ways to connect?

Apr 18, 22 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
kmarchmarch

Also heading to UMich!

Apr 20, 22 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
RemLamehaas

Is anyone planning on declining their offer to Yale or Princeton M.Arch I ?

Apr 8, 22 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
bbart

For people who is joining Bartlett UCL

This is the Facebook group: 

https://www.facebook.com/group...

This is the Discord chat:

https://discord.com/invite/P3z...

(These groups are run by current students only, so please don't spam)

Apr 12, 22 1:29 am  · 
 · 
leeeem

Just got an update from GSAPP waitlist! Admitted!

Apr 18, 22 11:30 pm  · 
2  · 
sanahmengi

What program? I got admitted to the MSAUD on 11th April too

Apr 19, 22 2:42 am  · 
 · 
leeeem

I'm in the M.Arch program!

Apr 19, 22 2:45 am  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

The MArch program starts Fall right?

Apr 19, 22 4:20 am  · 
 · 
leeeem

Correct, 2022 Fall. Quite busy to get ready haha

Apr 19, 22 6:09 am  · 
1  · 
jcole00

Just out of curiosity, are you also the person who posted on Grad Cafe about being admitted off of the GSAPP M.Arch waitlist?

Apr 19, 22 10:57 am  · 
 · 
sanahmengi

Hey Guys, 

Would love to connect with people who are going to Columbia GSAPP this year. Plus would love to find accommodations with people who are entering this Summer, Fall applicants also work. Hit me up, let’s catch up! Looking forward! 

Apr 19, 22 4:23 am  · 
 · 
archinerd889

really need opinions!!

• Undergraduate Degree/ School/ Year graduated 

B.S in Architecture/ University of Maryland/ May 2022

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

GPA: 3.5 , no GRE

• Letter of recommendations 

1 from my headcoach (played a D1 sport throughout my four years)

1 from a previous boss where I was an Architecture Intern

1 from a studio professor

• Personal Essay/Statement 

I mainly talked about my experience and success in undergrad and how I was apart of so many organizations and still obtained a BS in architecture. How I can bring more to the university and how I have a great amount of experience. 

• Portfolio

I included multiple studio projects as well as hand drawings since I enjoy that aspect of architecture immensely 

• Schools 

I have gotten into Georgia Tech, University of Miami, and Catholic University. I have been granted a few extra weeks after April 15th to decide since I was admitted off of waitlists for two of them and need time to visit the campus. Any opinions would be helpful!!

Apr 20, 22 8:50 am  · 
 · 
MTTS

Before giving opinions can you tell us what exactly you want opinion on? What are your interests in grad school and the important deciding factors for you?

Apr 20, 22 9:40 am  · 
 · 
archinerd889

Honestly just the overall programs in general. My undergrad was primarily modern and I do like the traditional programs taught at catholic and Miami but I am not set on that. I really don’t know much about Miami or Georgia techs program at all so just input on the types of programs they are and things they’ve heard from students that go there

Apr 20, 22 10:16 am  · 
 · 
MTTS

Georgia Tech's program is a traditional in terms of the typical method of architectural education, but of course the faculty there are all modernists at heart. It is unique in that it is set in an engineering school so much like MIT the program is pretty great for building technology and digital fabrication. There is opportunity for transdisciplinary work with the engineers on campus. A lot of Tech's engineering programs are within the top 5 in the nation so lots of resources, grants and great professors & students for engineering related work (The school emphasizes interdisciplinary work). They have received new grants where they are doing research and build work in the local community, which is an interesting opportunity. I'm unfamiliar with Miami and Catholic's program and faculty. best of luck

Apr 20, 22 12:26 pm  · 
2  · 
UndecidedArchitect

I NEED TO MAKE A DECISION BY MONDAY AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, any and all opinions are appreciated!

I was waitlisted at Columbia GSAPP for the MArch I program. But by April 15th I had to answer my other schools, therefore I chose to commit to UCLA. However on the 18th GSAPP got back to me and said I got in from the waitlist. Now I’m left with a decision to make by Monday to choose whether to stick to UCLA or to commit to Columbia. I’d love to hear your thoughts about both/each program.

In terms of money both of them would end up costing about the same, so it’s not a factor (counting living costs etc) 

On one end UCLA is appealing in terms of the creative and fun architecture that takes place there. Also having lived in a really cold city the past 5 years it sounds very nice to move to a city with warm climate. Similarly, it also has more of a laidback vibe which is also nice. However in terms of ranking it is lower and also if I want to go internationally they are less recognized abroad.

On the other hand Columbia also has an interesting program and it is in NYC which is a really fun and opposite vibe from LA. Technically the program is better ranked and it is appealing to have an IVY league name for my masters, but in reality how useful is the name/ranking going to be at the end of the day? 

For UCLA a professor directly reached out to me and said she really wanted me to come which also makes me wonder if that will be a good contact to have from the beginning/ Pontentially could boost my opportunities of getting internships and other stuff? Or if at the end of the day it won’t be that useful. Also Columbia I got in from the waitlist which makes me think that if I wasn’t their first pick maybe it’s not the perfect match? I don’t know I guess I’m rambling a lot but I just know that i have to make a decision and don’t know how to. 

Apr 23, 22 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
dougy99

A prof reaching out is really cool. I think it really comes down to where you would like to live/start a career for the next few years

Apr 23, 22 10:03 pm  · 
2  · 
jcole00

What'd you end up doing?

Apr 27, 22 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
UndecidedArchitect

I ended up choosing Columbia! It’s was a tough
choice though!

Apr 27, 22 7:10 pm  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

Me too, Phew!

Apr 28, 22 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
Kamar Shafeeha

Helloo!

M.Arch program applicant for Fall 2022 / International Applicant (India)

Got Accepted to :

1. Pratt Institue - 3 Year program

(All others following 2 Year program)

2. SCI_Arc (Too expensive)

3. Virginia Tech

4. Northeastern University with 25 per scholarship/sem

5. Arizona State University 

6. University of Houston

7. Manchester School of Architecture, Kingston University and University of Westminster. University Arts London (Still not gone through)

Struggling to make a decision. Open to options and comments, please do share your knowledge and experience - will be insightful as an International student.

P.S : -

Prioritized :

Virginia Tech, Northeastern University 

Learnt that Virginia tech is good at academics. Couldn't find much information about Northeastern university except for it's co-op program, which would be very beneficial. Which would be good for Masters and after graduation for job opportunities!?

Job opportunities followed by educational system is what I'm looking for. 

It's real struggle, left with like two weeks to make a decision. So looking forward for your suggestions.

Apr 28, 22 10:06 am  · 
 · 
akshitsethi

Got through northeastern as well and I heard there’s no co-op within the curriculum but you can apply for summer internships through the universities co-op program. Also the curriculum felt well balanced between practicality and theory.

Apr 28, 22 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
Kamar Shafeeha

Have you decided to go? If no, where? Since it's not within the curriculum, does everyone get to do summer internships? Does the university encourage it?

Apr 28, 22 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
akshitsethi

Decided to go to northeastern. I feel it's not within the curriculum because they already feel we have some industry experience in our bachelors. But keeping that assumption aside the University encourages you to do a co-op. And the summer vacation is all yours to explore. Either chill or work it's upto you. From what I was told by a current student you can get interships easily if you apply through the schools co-op coordinator as it'll be easier to get a job given almost 95% northeastern kids do a co-op.

Apr 29, 22 3:29 am  · 
1  · 
Kamar Shafeeha

Got it and best of luck to you! Will stay in touch

Apr 29, 22 6:13 am  · 
 · 
Kamar Shafeeha

Any comments from domestic applicants or alumni!!??

Apr 29, 22 6:14 am  · 
 · 
sanahmengi

Hey, a friend of mine is going for MSBA as well, if you want to connect with him, I could do that.

May 1, 22 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
Kamar Shafeeha

Which university?

May 1, 22 2:29 pm  · 
1  · 
Kamar Shafeeha

Can anyone help me out with Virginia tech

May 1, 22 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
sanahmengi

Northeastern

May 2, 22 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
undiscoveredcharms

Is there a WhatsApp, Facebook or Discord group for TU Delft's incoming international students?
If yes, connect me to them!

May 1, 22 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
UndecidedArchitect

hi everyone! I was wondering if there are any groups for incoming Columbia GSAPP people!! If so I’d love to join! And if not I’d love to start one! 

May 1, 22 7:07 pm  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

We have a group of Indians coming for the MSAUD program. Which program are you coming in for?

May 2, 22 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
nishthagupta

Hey,

I got an offer letter from AADRL but I am waiting for Bartlett (Architectural Design MArch). The Bartlett has recommended my application to UCL Graduate Admissions. What are my chances of getting a final acceptance there? And what do u think is better,  AA or Bartlett.?

May 2, 22 10:38 am  · 
 · 
sumedhgangurde

Hi

May 10, 22 2:09 am  · 
 · 
sumedhgangurde

You'll have to drop mails or call UCL cause they're very slow evaluating the application. If you have passed the portfolio and interview stage then it's cool but still drop a mail. AA and Bartlett are on par with each other the you can narrow it down by looking at the expenses or campus or facilities. Also if you happen to go to UCL would you please let AA know you're not going as I'm waitlisted there. It's kinda my dream school lol
. Also can i know what's the deadline AA has given you to respond.

May 10, 22 2:13 am  · 
 · 
harderthanithought

Any umich groups for whatsapp, discord for m.arch? 

May 3, 22 3:27 pm  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

There is an international students group, would send you the link if you want

May 3, 22 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
thathimalayanarchitect

Hey People,

Is anyone joining UCL Bartlett in Fall 22?

May 18, 22 6:41 am  · 
 · 
nishthagupta

hi,

I just got an offer letter from UCL Bartlett M.Arch Architectural Design programme , and I also have one from AADRL. So right now I am confused. Can u help me decide.?

May 18, 22 9:31 am  · 
 · 
thathimalayanarchitect

Hi Nishtha,

May 18, 22 11:34 am  · 
 · 
thathimalayanarchitect

Hi Nishtha,

May 18, 22 11:34 am  · 
 · 
thathimalayanarchitect

Hi Nishtha,
Congratulations for both the offers. Both AA and
UCL Bartlett are brilliant schools of Architecture.
I believe that you should check out the
curriculums once again and decide which you
are more interested in. AADRL has been a very
experimentative program, even more so
compared to Bartlett Architectural Design
MArch. Another thing to consider will be that
Bartletts course is 1 year and AA is 1.5 years.
With the Bartlett you can get in the field quickly.
That's a big point to consider.
I Hope this helps a bit for you to
decide. Thanks!

May 18, 22 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
nishthagupta

Don't you think, 1 year is less for a masters programme.?

May 18, 22 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
thathimalayanarchitect

I am expecting that you have already completed a 5 years BArch
in India? If yes, then it should be enough. And if you have proper work experience after your bachelors. Then that’s even more perfect.

May 18, 22 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
thathimalayanarchitect

And if you will check that the ARB RIBA Part 1 BA Architecture programs in UK are all 3 years compared to 5 years BArch
in India.

May 18, 22 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
UserQ97

Heya!

Anyone know if there are any groups for incoming AA MArch 22/23 Part 2 students? 

May 21, 22 2:25 pm  · 
lasagna

Has anyone received advanced standing at GSAPP, or know anyone who's applied for advanced standing after being admitted? The school is so expensive I really was hoping for two years...

Mar 29, 23 11:44 am  · 
 · 
kafka

Any incoming summer GSAPP students for the Ms. AAD. 

Hoping to connect or make a group for students. 

Mar 29, 23 12:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: