Archinect
anchor

how is the job market for architects in EU or maybe US or CA ?

mr.knight

im studying architecture right now and well im not really living in a good country so im looking for migration to EU
so i wanted to gather some information on how good or bad is the job market of architects in EU. specially in scandinavian countries
cause im little bit confuse. some people say its pretty bad but some people say if you study it good and be literate in it the job market is good enough to find a pretty normal job or even go higher

Jul 16, 21 11:10 am

1 Featured Comment

All 2 Comments

Non Sequitur

you don't need to post the same topic 3 times.

The market is complicated and your question is way to generic for anyone to give you any reasonable answer.  

Jul 16, 21 11:31 am  · 
 · 
mr.knight

well that was my mistake. didnt want to post 3 times. i was trying to edit it but it happend and i couldnt find a delete post thing

Jul 16, 21 11:51 am  · 
 · 
mr.knight

also well i know but people can give an idea that overall how good or bad is the market for an architect to find a job 

like in my country the economy is bad and alot of other stuff which makes it a bad place and you can barely find any job as architect 

Jul 16, 21 11:52 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

The market in my area (Canada - Ontario), at this time, is insane. We just don't have the available staff to suit the demand. Everyone is going crazy with projects and many are turning down work. Plenty of offices are looking to hire but there is not a good pool of available talent and or experienced folks out there.... and no one has the time to train people. With that said, not sure the office/commercial sector has started to recover to pre covid state yet so some industries are still behind.

Jul 16, 21 11:58 am  · 
 · 
mr.knight

so yeah i heard that there are alot of building works in canada.but do you think that in future something like 4-5 years later. there would be still a good need in canda ? cause as i searched in internet. basically every website saying canada needs staff at almost every field and its a really fast growing country and will also need more staff in future

Jul 16, 21 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Canada is a pretty big place... and not everywhere is growing at the same rate. Cost of living is also different and we have winters so you need to be rather specific... but generally, yes, there is very decent growth here in most sectors but some areas have receded a bit in recent years even pre-covid (Alberta has been hit hard as did southern ontario, for example).

Jul 16, 21 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
Archinect

There's never been a better time to find a job in the USA. There are more jobs than qualified candidates right now. There are currently thousands of opportunities in Archinect Jobs

Jul 16, 21 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
mr.knight

well yeah but markets like this rapidly changes and well im more looking to see how it will be in future like 4-5 maybe 6 years later not exactly right now

Jul 17, 21 5:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: