Archinect
anchor

Happy Fourth of July for the Americans on Archinect

Happy 4th of July to all the Americans on Archinect. I know the forum is frequented by non-Americans as well so happy weekend to them.

Jul 4, 21 7:07 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

Jul 4, 21 9:51 pm  · 
1  · 
rcz1001

Not sure I follow the humor reference intended by you but a thumbs up for the lol.

Jul 4, 21 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Happy 4th Rick.  Greatest country of all time!  Non-Americans have a nice (but not as free) weekend. 

Jul 4, 21 11:17 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

https://youtu.be/z2HKbygLjJs
Jul 5, 21 2:15 am  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

Fuck fireworks. 

Jul 5, 21 1:41 am  · 
7  · 

Militarism rules!

Jul 5, 21 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Only old ladies dislike fireworks

Jul 5, 21 6:14 pm  · 
randomised

Thanks Rick! Hope you enjoyed yours! Had a great weekend myself...it involved a picnic, going to the local farmers market and eating fresh produce, visiting playgrounds, sandboxes and multiple parks and finished it off with a play-do session (not a euphemism) and a locally brewed beer.

Jul 5, 21 2:25 am  · 
 · 
proto

what happened to "I'm stepping away from this forum because this group of people here who thinks its okay for white people to be ostracized, racially discriminated against, gender discriminated if they are male, and so forth"?

or, did something change?

Jul 5, 21 1:23 pm  · 
2  · 
rcz1001

Not going there on this thread.

Jul 5, 21 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
proto

How about following through & just going... ?

Jul 5, 21 2:06 pm  · 
3  · 
James Bragg

Greatest country of all time!  Non-Americans have a nice (but not as free) weekend.

Jul 5, 21 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
James Bragg

And

Jul 5, 21 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Jul 5, 21 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

"What, to the American slave, is your 4th of July? I answer; a day that reveals to him, more than all other days in the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him, your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty, an unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sound of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your denunciation of tyrants brass fronted impudence; your shout of liberty and equality, hollow mockery; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanks-givings, with all your religious parade and solemnity, are to him, mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy -- a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation on the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of the United States, at this very hour."

Frederick Douglass

Jul 5, 21 8:30 pm  · 
2  · 
tduds

"We love you America. Hope you get your shit together." -My wife's 4th of July toast.

Jul 6, 21 1:45 pm  · 
4  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: