Archinect
anchor

Archi-dogs

RValu100

What kind of dogs do architects have? Do they wear black spectacles?

Jun 22, 21 6:53 am

This kind. The English Bull Terrier is a 100% "designed" dog: a mix of bulldog, staffordshire terrier, and dalmation. 

Jun 22, 21 9:37 am  · 
5  · 

(This is my Hedy Lamarr, beautiful AND smart.)

Jun 22, 21 9:37 am  · 
 · 
archanonymous

That's a good looking pooch!

Jun 22, 21 12:35 pm  · 
1  · 
proto

https://archinect.com/forum/th...

Jun 22, 21 11:36 am  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

If it ain't fishin', it ain't worth gettin' up for.

Jun 22, 21 12:15 pm  · 
3  · 
atelier nobody

x

Jun 22, 21 12:16 pm  · 
1  · 
tduds

I've posted a few in various threads before, but here's my big guy. 

Jun 22, 21 2:25 pm  · 
3  · 
archanonymous

Good dog!

Jun 22, 21 5:27 pm  · 
1  · 
RValu100

What a good boy. 

Jun 23, 21 11:02 am  · 
 · 
Dan Blather

Had to click on 30 buses to say this, but I always thought that architects would favor "sleek" dogs: Weimaraners, Vizslas, Afghan Hounds, rescue Greyhounds, and so on.  They seem to pair well with contemporary houses and Saab 9-3 coupes.

One of the architecture students in grad school used to bring her Schipperke to studio.  Fun dog!

Planner types tend to lean a bit towards outdoorsy breeds.  Labs, Goldens, Lab and Golden mixes, and the like.

This planner (who hung out mostly with architecture students and that one Schipperke in grad school) had a pair of Portuguese Water Dogs.  They died about eight years ago, two weeks apart.  A very good boi and grrl, and my constant travel companions.

They weren't certified therapy dogs, but they were drawn to toddlers and elderly people.  When I'd visit my dad at his nursing home, I'd take the dogs with me.  The boy (on the right) would jump on Dad's bed and sit by his side.  The girl (on the left) would sneak out, and go from room to room visiting the residents.  I could always tell what room she was in because I'd hear an elderly voice shout out "DOGGIE!  AWWWWW!"  from the room she just strolled in.  

Obligatory water photo.  They enjoyed wading in shallow creeks and streams, but didn't like deep water.

Now, my wife and I have a 3 yo gray tuxedo cat (who wuvs bewwy wubs), and two brown tabby kittens.  I made her promise me I can get one more Portie before I die.

Jun 28, 21 10:36 am  · 
 · 

I love Schipperkees! They’re so cute, and funny. The smallest dog breed I like. Maybe Pugs, too.

Jun 28, 21 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
Broadstreetexpresstrain

Here  are my two that I saved from going to the DC dog shelter after my neighbor found a litter of puppies nursing from thier dead mother. These 2 were the last of the litter left and on their way to the shelter where I was told that would have been allowed 3 to 7 months to live before being euthanized……Now I am happy to say that they are both 5 years old.

Fenway and Jazz

BSET

https://youtu.be/kw5VkI2JAqM

Jun 28, 21 9:09 pm  · 
3  · 
curtkram

if your dog doesn't match the floor and baseboards, i think you're doing it wrong.

Jun 29, 21 8:27 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: