Archinect
anchor

Please help save a local architectural icon from being demolished

yesh

Hi All 

I'm a postgraduate student from South Africa. It's come to my attention that a very influential and highly significant building is about to be erased forever. The building in question is a house designed and built by the late distinguished academic Barrie Biermann in the 1960s and was highly influential in the South African Modernist Movement. The legacy left by Biermann is practically indelible in our entire architectural identity and memory. The building doesn't have protected status according to local legislature, however we are  to get it nominated as such. Right now, it's been completely neglected by the owner. Please consider signing a petition to bring attention to this issue. On behalf of all South African architects, I would deeply appreciate it.

Save House Biermann Petition

If you wish to know more about the history and relevance of the building: House Biermann

May 22, 21 11:11 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: