Archinect
anchor

How are you using your IPad

Tim_

Hi,

As a practioner and educator, I'm interested of your usage of the Ipad [Pro ], how does it fit in your workflow ? especially with the latest version with lidar ?

May 20, 21 4:42 am
randomised

Did you double post your topics on an iPad?

May 20, 21 7:57 am  · 
2  · 
Tim_

double post for different purpose .

I like the video, not what I expected as an usage of the  ipad ;).

May 20, 21 8:55 am  · 
 · 

I don't own a tablet however I use them for dong punch lists on jobs.  

Other than that I don't do much with them.  

May 20, 21 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

How many dong punches are you doing that you need a list?

May 21, 21 3:34 pm  · 
6  · 
bowling_ball

I'm recc'ing my own comment because that's the pinnacle of my humour

May 21, 21 4:20 pm  · 
1  · 
natematt

That's one way to get things done on site.

May 21, 21 5:20 pm  · 
1  · 
JLC-1

I don't use a tablet, but we have installed several home control systems that use the ipad as a controller screen. 

May 20, 21 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

I've been learning Procreate and my archy friends recommend Morphilio Trace. Another uses it for Miro, a very convenient app I'm learning as well. I'm still mostly a paper-and-laptop guy but see the benefit of tablets.

May 22, 21 8:58 am  · 
 · 
TIQM

I use Morpholio Trace on the iPad for all sorts of drawing.  It’s the perfect tool for redlining drawings. PDF inputting/export is super easy.   It has a really smart, easy to learn set of tools, and a layering setup based on tracing paper.  Great for quick sketches, or more polished drawings.  

Our office uses ArchiCAD, and we use a read-only model viewer called BIMX.  It can open our BIM models and you can fly around and through, cut sections, and review associated 2D drawings on the IPad.  Super valuable.  We give it to our more savvy clients so they can fly around their projects between meetings.

May 22, 21 6:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: