Archinect
anchor

Philadelphia has dimmed its skyline after a 'mass collision' killed thousands of migrating birds

Broadstreetexpresstrain

what are other cities doing about this issue ? Do the new all glass buildings pose a greater threat to the migratory birds than buildings with opaque surfaces?

Broad Street express train

May 19, 21 5:17 pm
Broadstreetexpresstrain

skyline photos of Philladelphia skyscrapers

May 19, 21 5:21 pm  · 
 · 

New York City has new a new bird-friendly law that went into effect this year (2021) which will affect most new buildings going forward. 

May 20, 21 10:24 am  · 
 · 
t a z

San Francisco and Toronto (for example) all have publically available birdsafe guidelines.

May 20, 21 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
RJ87

If only the birds were better readers, those guidelines would come in handy.

May 20, 21 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

what do all of the light rail videos have to do with birdstrikes?

May 20, 21 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
Broadstreetexpresstrain

FLAG ▾

midlander HISTORY · CONTACT

what do all of the light rail videos have to do with birdstrikes

well my Handel/ moniker is  broad street express train and I thought to add images of the express train for a visual  connection .....oh and the trains displayed are considerred heavy rail and not light rail......this afterall was my Schoolbus during my formative architecture years in middle school and Highschool.

the subway images have nothing to do with the birds other than the city that is the focus of the article.......Philadelphia 

May 21, 21 1:25 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: