Archinect
anchor

Auditorium Design

aakashsolanki

Hello Everyone! Currently we are working on project of planning and design of auditorium. To meet requirements, our design has arrived with dimensions of 30m by 42m of hall area for auditorium and the height of roof is 10m.

I would to seek help regarding what type of structural design will suit for the purpose. We need to support the roof 10m in height with no intermediate columns in 30m by 42m area of hall.

Mar 21, 21 11:09 am
Non Sequitur

look at bridges. 

Mar 21, 21 11:59 am  · 
 · 
midlander

this is a very common situation, just use a truss or deep beam across the 30m span.

Mar 21, 21 1:54 pm  · 
 · 

The auditoriums I worked on had issues with vibrations and deflection from the structure, these were rehab jobs. I think you need to ensure the acoustical enclosure is clear of the structure, you don't want the auditorium ceiling to be resting directly on the structure with a rigid connection and the worst is to have the structure penetrate through the acoustical enclosure. If the walls of the auditorium are load bearing and rise up to tight against the underside of the deck then exposed structure inside the auditorium is OK but steel beams and trusses are conduits of sound and it is very hard to seal through wall, floor or ceiling penetrations effectively so try to have the beams and trusses stay within the auditorium. Also in an auditorium, where white noise is minimal the effects of heavy rain on the roof can be quite disturbing and the best way to mitigate this is to add mass to the roof with a structural concrete slab or more insulation.

Most of the companies that make acoustical sealants and mitigation systems (panels, ceilings and insulation) tend to offer free consultations if you can send them drawings or details where you have concerns.

Hope this helps

Over and OUT

Peter N

Mar 23, 21 10:28 am  · 
1  · 
Almosthip

I hear space frames are nice

Mar 23, 21 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: