Archinect
anchor

Questions to ask on Virtual Career Fair

vnssstjr

My college is doing a virtual career fair with some time slots for a group setting dedicated for each firm to talk about their company and one on one time slots for a student to talk with the firm. I was wondering what questions are good to ask in each setting.

Thanks in advance!

Mar 19, 21 8:30 pm

In the group setting, ask them to talk about their company culture and what their feedback process looks like. Do you have dedicated mentorship? What does "management" mean to them?

1 on 1 -- what are the biggest challenges they face as an organization?  As a project team? What does an exceptional candidate look like for them? 

Most people want to hire someone that feels like they've already been working there for years. 

The more homework you do about their business, their design approach, the more specific your questions will be, the more specific you can be about how your interests can be useful in helping then solve their challenges. 

Dont make assumptions just ask really good questions and show your enthusiasm by engaging in a conversation.

Mar 19, 21 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
vnssstjr

thanks for the advice! I 'll definitely keep that in mind

Mar 23, 21 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
rcz1001

Same questions you ask in a career fair (virtual or not).

Mar 24, 21 1:10 am  · 
 · 
randomised

nah, you simply ask virtual questions at a virtual fair, to end up with a virtual career...

Mar 24, 21 5:54 am  · 
2  · 
rcz1001

Thanks for the lol moment.

Mar 24, 21 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
vnssstjr

I haven't been in one in a while so I honestly forgot. And in person I feel like 2-3 people would be talking to one person at the same time that it's more of an informal chitchat

Mar 25, 21 12:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: