Archinect
anchor

Feeling stuck, any advice?

Veldranae

Hi everyone,

I graduated from my B.Arch in 2018 but life happened and when I got out of the university I had to take care of my grandparents so the job I took at the moment was basically whomever gave me more money (because we all know how recent graduates are paid if paid at all) and that was as a drafter for a sheathing company. Since then I only changed jobs once for another one on a corporation on the same industry/market, thing is as you may already be guessing: 

I never got the chance to work as a (slave) junior/assistant in any architecture firm to learn how to be a real architect and move on my career and now I finally can have some time for myself and my career but don't know how to do it.

Any advices or thoughts from you guys is truly appreciated.  

Mar 18, 21 2:01 pm
Jay1122

Polish your portfolio and start looking for an entry level job in architecture office? And just tell them that you do not like that industry and want to work in a traditional office. I am sure the drafting skills will be a plus. The competition of course is crazy. So, try your best.

Or are you expecting this: Here is a forbidden secret scroll (Insert any advices here) that you can inherit. Read the scroll and then bam, you are now an almighty architect.

Mar 18, 21 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

You’re very welcome, good luck!

Mar 19, 21 4:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: