Archinect
anchor

UPENN waitlisted. Anything i can do?

levifingerer

i got into Michigan, north-east and Maryland for the 2 year M.arch.   I'd love to go to UPENN as its a better ranked school.  Any recommendations as to how i can get accepted or fight the wait list. 

Mar 13, 21 9:24 am
Non Sequitur

waitlists means you were not good enough but not a complete dumpster fire. Nothing you can do if you don’t know the length of the wait list and how far from the top you are. 

Mar 13, 21 11:25 am  · 
1  ·  1
levifingerer

Do you think emailing admissions with an updated portfolio would help?

Mar 14, 21 11:05 am  · 
1  ·  1
Non Sequitur

No. You should have put in the effort for the original submission. It’s not fair play to change your submission after the fact. You have to wait for others to reject their acceptances.

Mar 14, 21 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

you could...

...wait

Mar 13, 21 3:04 pm  · 
4  · 
apkouv

Contact Archlandia. He cheated or bribed his way in UPenn. He might be able to help you defraud the admissions committee. 

Mar 13, 21 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

if you had a more persuasive reason to prefer upenn you could write the admissions committee a letter explaining why you should be prioritized. waitlist candidates really do get accepted, just not all of them. make your case why you should be one of them.

hint: don't say it's because upenn is the best ranked school you applied to. show them there is something about the program and faculty you think suits your goals and vision as a student of architecture.

at this point nothing you change in your portfolio  could influence your ranking. it's not like you had better projects which you were just holding back from showing.

you need them to feel confident you've thought this through and you know why you are a better fit for the school than could be seen from your portfolio. if you don't have that idea there isn't actually any reason you should go there vs another school. they're not going to magically make you a better student than you were in undergrad.

Mar 14, 21 11:38 am  · 
 · 
levifingerer

Thank you! I'd completely agree with the portfolio part but i was so rushed to completely it as their dealine was pretty early. I've made a portfolio which is much nicer and i feel like if their waitlisted me for one that was 70% completely they'd accept me for the one i put 100% into due to the extra time.

Mar 14, 21 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

Yes, at the very least you should communicate to Penn that you are still interested in attending and would accept an offer of admission if one was to be made to you. It is helpful to Penn to know who among the wait-listed are still interested in coming versus those that have elected to go elsewhere.

Mar 14, 21 4:12 pm  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: