Archinect
anchor

Terminology about floor numbering of a building

whitneywang

(This is for setting some elevator parameters)

I wonder if there are terms to differentiate the number of a floor marked on each floor from the actual floor number considered a part of the whole structure.

For example, for a building that has a basement, the basement might be marked as B1, and the first floor might be marked as F1. But they can also be considered respectively as the first floor and second floor of the whole building structure.
I did some research online, but because I am totally clueless on this matter, I found nothing about this.

I wonder if there are terms for these two floor numbering methods in the field of architecture. For example, something along the lines of nominal floor and structural floor (I made them up. I just want you to get a rough idea as to what I am looking for)

Thanks.

Mar 12, 21 11:34 am
natematt

I don't think there are. We've used a lot of different systems in projects I've worked on, but never had a name for them. 

I think it's too erratic and not frequently done enough. There doesn't feel like much value in having a named system. 

Mar 12, 21 12:27 pm  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: