Archinect
anchor

How was this done?

Docerath

I will let the illustrations speak for themselves. What editing/rendering or drawing software would come to use to achieve these drawings? 

Feb 20, 21 10:28 am
Non Sequitur

MS paint plugin for revit. Easy. 

Feb 20, 21 10:31 am  · 
2  · 
curtkram

pencil?

Feb 20, 21 6:46 pm  · 
1  · 
lower.case.yao

Rhino, render or make2d, lineweight in illustrator, photoshop, overlay with sand or dirt texture.

Feb 20, 21 7:35 pm  · 
3  · 
natematt

This seems about right.

Feb 21, 21 1:35 am  · 
 · 
Le Courvoisier

cocaine

Feb 20, 21 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

a hand a pencil, paper and knoeledge

Feb 21, 21 10:54 am  · 
1  · 
rcz1001

And some triangles.

Feb 22, 21 1:06 am  · 
 · 
randomised

any 3D modelling program will do,  make a clay render for shadows, export lines to illustrator and tweak accordingly, add your silhouettes and add a texture overlay for the grainy effect...

Feb 22, 21 4:03 am  · 
 · 

I think these were done with pencil and drafting tools. They are not true perspective drawings they look like Isometric drawings.

You could do this in sketch-up.

Over and OUT

Peter N

Feb 22, 21 8:50 am  · 
1  · 
rcz1001

They are isometric.

Feb 22, 21 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
axonapoplectic

I see sketchup people. 

Feb 22, 21 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
axonapoplectic

And sketchup cars... my guess is sketchup to photoshop and some kind of filter.

Feb 22, 21 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

they obviously printed those cars and people and traced them by hand(!)

Feb 22, 21 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
rcz1001

Who cares what software? I can use a paint program, a stylus and some drafting tools like those triangles... and do that on a Wacom One screen hooked up to a phone and get the results of Isometric drawings. Okay... whatever. 

So, who cares? 

Feb 22, 21 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Can you, really?

Feb 22, 21 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
rcz1001

Sure. I already played around with it with that Galaxy S21 Ultra (right now, sitting on the wireless charger) some days ago. Of course, I wasn't at that moment in time have one of those triangles with me (yes, I have them just wasn't with me at the time I was checking out the Wacom One with it). It isn't that hard. I like using the Wacom One with this because I can draw and all like I do with a pencil without the side of my hand being an issue (like inadvertent lines appearing because of the side of my hand touching the screen and all). I like not having touch screen active from time to time. I wasn't saying anything about CAD which is another matter altogether. I can likewise do the same deal with a PC hooked up. So, no problem there if I want to. I've done isometric drawings in CAD and in pencil/pen & paper. It may take more time to do all that is in the drawing by hand but that it CAN be done with time, patience, and a little skill.

Feb 22, 21 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Good for you! Would love to see some of your drawings...

Feb 23, 21 2:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: