Archinect
anchor

Looking to build a career!

nathanmoyer

Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a happy holidays! I'm reaching out to everyone to hopefully get some advice. I'm looking to start architecture school  in fall of this year. I currently work full time to support myself in a unrelated field and wanted to get my foot in the door now. Are there any entry level positions that I could look into to start getting into the field? I have some prior construction experience and some CAD experience. I'd appreciate any and all advice/help! Feel free to message me directly, thank you all for your time and I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Jan 7, 21 7:33 pm
bowling_ball

Without at least a 4-year architecture degree, your chances of getting a position in a traditional firm are zero to less than zero. There are many experienced applicants looking for jobs and they'll always be considered before you. 

Don't waste your time. Instead, I'd suggest going back to construction for a bit. Those with real construction experience always jump to the front of the line at my firm. 

Jan 7, 21 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

Keep working construction for now. When you're getting clos to the end of your first year in Arch school, start looking for internships.

Jan 7, 21 11:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: