Archinect
anchor

Portfolio review for M.arch. I'd really appreciate it

levifingerer

Hi all, 

I'd like to apply to several M.arch programs.  I have an undergrad in architectural technology and would would appreciate your feedback.   Every school his different portfolio requirements but this one would be tweaked based on the requirements.  Thank you

https://issuu.com/levi.s/docs/...

Jan 3, 21 12:18 am
Non Sequitur

Text in the first spread's gutter is a big layout mistake...

Besides that, it's thin.  I do really like the electrical meter 3D view for some reason and the best part of the folio is the physical model. You've spread too little material (mostly from 1 project) over too many pages.  Where are the ideas sketches, progress models, design variations?  How and why did you arrive at these final projects?  This is the stuff application folios should demonstrate in addition to design aptitude. What else can you show other than that one curved roof building?

Jan 3, 21 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
levifingerer

Thanks for your response. How do you recommend i fix the first spreads text? What do you mean by thin? I think I'll combine several pages from the first project and I'll include another project this way they are all about 5 pages long.

Jan 3, 21 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

You should be able to rearrange all that info into a single page. As for thin, that means there is little variety of material to look at. Volume is not the answer here.

Jan 3, 21 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
pan5ury

These comments are mostly about the layout and the work you've presented itself:

-Some of the drawings are way too close to the edges of the pages (5, 6, 24). 

-There's also a certain level of hierarchy missing in the text- the headings of each project need to be more apparent. 

-On page 1, the lumion background is obvious, same as page 9. 

-Try and edit the renders to make them 2-point perspectives. 

-On page 10, align the images on the top and bottom on both sides.  

-The white space on a lot of the pages seems unplanned (Pages 5, 6). Try and be more deliberate with the placement of your images. 

Good luck!

Jan 3, 21 2:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: