Archinect
anchor

do architects talk enough about the digital experience?

served

this is not a question in regards to digital tools, software or types of media. it's a question of the increasing technological drivers that now move and influence the human experience, much like how architects approach the design of space.

Dec 28, 20 2:13 pm

That's a rather broad question. I think it could be helpful to narrow or at least direct the question a bit.  

Dec 28, 20 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

a 2x4 is still analogue. I don’t understand the question. 

Dec 28, 20 2:52 pm  · 
3  · 
citizen

^ In sudden motion, it's a real attention-getter, too.

Dec 28, 20 3:04 pm  · 
3  · 
bowling_ball

Until the digital experience is capable of giving us seamless 3D, with surround sound, odours, tactile abilities, etc, then it's all just a poor simulacrum of the real thing in my opinion. Other people can work on that while I attend to my own job as an architect in the real world, with real materials, real people, real money, real consequences.

Dec 28, 20 4:21 pm  · 
 · 

I think the OP is asking about how digital can improve the built environment. Then again the OP's post is so poorly written I don't think even they understand what they've asked.

Dec 28, 20 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Yeah upon reading the question again, it was either written by a student or a robot. I'm not sure which, but I should have ignored it.

Dec 28, 20 7:10 pm  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

I just downloaded some new drivers. The experience was meh. Would rather not talk about it.

Dec 28, 20 5:32 pm  · 
2  · 
Koww

I'm not sure experience itself can really be digital, unless you are an AI

Dec 30, 20 1:11 am  · 
 · 
citizen

During a physical a few years ago, my doctor casually mentioned something about a digital exam; I wasn't really paying attention.  Next thing I knew, he was he was practicing his Morse code on my innards.

This architect would rather not talk about that particular digital experience any further.

Dec 30, 20 2:52 am  · 
 · 
randomised

My senses are analogue unfortunately...

Dec 30, 20 9:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: